Hollywood Interrupted

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here is my Amazon.com review, which will be posted as soon as they approve it:

What is more fun than reading "Hollywood Interrupted"?

Reading the "reviews" from the brainwashed Leftists on here.

Celebrities are not like the rest of us and they never will be. It's cute to see them on talk shows trying to pretend to be normal, but how many of your neighbors bounce in and out of rehab, get arrested for throwing phones at hotel workers, end up the defendent in a molestation trial, overdose on drugs in front of their 10 year old daughter and expound pompously about global warming from their multi-million dollar palace or Gulfstream jet?

Not many, I would guess.

So we already know that Hollyweirds are dysfunctional. This book tells you exactly how dysfunctional and rips the facade of sanity from such normalcy-touting stars as Angelina Jolie, who has given up wearing her loved ones' blood in exchange for a trophy child and UN Ambassadorship. In her new reincarnation as Mommy and social activist, she hopes we've forgotten that she sucked face with her brother on national TV.

Another bit of dysfunction I'd forgotten about until the authors reminded me was how Harrison Ford traveled to France to present "The Pianist" director, Roman Polanski, with his Oscar. Polanski, as you may recall, cannot enter the United States because he drugged and raped a 13 year old girl, plead guilty, then skipped bail and ran off to France to avoid punishment. Harrison Ford calls this pedophile and rapist his "good friend". Good old "normal" Harrison Ford.

This book is an enjoyable, absorbing read. It's funny, irreverent, well-written and rings of accuracy. It's possible that not all the tales are true, but they sure sound true. We can picture Mike Ovitz' children yelling "My Dad will fire you" at the household help. And we know that celebrity children drop like flies, either from suicide or drug overdoses.

Many of us don't care about celebrity private lives. We either think it's cool or we think they have nothing to do with us. Wrong on both counts. I will spare you my political dissertation on this subject but I will urge you to buy and read this book. Children and young adults are particularly ravenous when it comes to emulating their celebrity heroes, and it would behoove us all to know exactly who their role-models are.

After all, the young people most closely associated with these people tend to kill themselves.

Otter

Nothing to see here
vraiblonde said:
Here is my Amazon.com review, which will be posted as soon as they approve it:

What is more fun than reading "Hollywood Interrupted"?

Reading the "reviews" from the brainwashed Leftists on here........

:yay:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Sounds like a great book. I think of pampered entertainment celebrities as not much different from pampered sports stars. Their employers put up with a lot of immaturity and antisocial behavior because they make money. So whether you're Russell Crowe or Dennis Rodman, you're insulated from any accountability or responsibility. Instead of getting angry at the Hollyweirds or Sportsweirds, we should get angry at the people who make millions off them, the George Steinbrenners and the Lew Wassermans.