Bike Night

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
COPIED FROM THE SCRC FORUM(wasn't me at the meeting)

Alright folks here's the scoop on a Bike Night here in Lexington Park.

I went to Lone Star tonight on a business meeting and mentioned to the General Manager what I'd like to do... After explaining what I'd like to see and explaining it would be nice to be able to have a beer in the parking lot, girls serving beer etc I was told the following:

This is private property.. you can drink in the parking lot as long as folks don't violate that rule. (Outback was inside only because it's in a shopping center)
I said having some beer tubs set up is a good idea and they are willing to sponsor that as well.

They are also willing to provide power for music in the parking lot and will block off an area as needed. (I'll work the music thing.... although maybe not the first few nights)

After about an hour of drinking during my business meeting (it actually was a business meeting) the General Manager came back and said she had talked to two local radio stations and they will advertise.. (98.3 & 102.9 apparently she knows T-Bone & Heather because she talked with them).

She also talked to Foot Locker and they allowed for any overflow parking as needed as well as a couple of businesses near by in the back. She also said she called Evolution Cycles, a friend that owns All-American & Ft. Washington Harley and they will support as well. (Her and her husband ride as well)

By the time I was ready to leave she had called Guy Distributors and also offered up to get the Miller High Lite girls and do whatever else she can to make it a success. I said one small step at a time and let it flow to see how things go. They will be making a Bike Night Banner as well for advertising. They're also up for bike shows etc.

Moving really fast here but we decided to start on Wednesday 13 July 2005. TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!!

This is a start so lets show our interest and build this into a weekly event worth going to.

Time runs from 05:00pm - 10:00pm so lets make a showing and pass this on to anyone you know. They even offered up some free appetizers to get things going.. we'll see how that goes. I'll make some flyers and pass them out at the local Bike Shops as well.

Lets get this thing going and make it a regular weekly event. I'll also make some flyers and put the word/flyers out to SM City & Jaggs Cycles.

24 Karat

Lovin Life!!
IM IN!!!! For sure!

Sounds like an enjoyable evening iffen no one comes there causing trouble. Just a good time wiff good friends Im thinking. From what I hear there is a going to be a very good turn out. Hoping there isnt any troublemakers if ya know what I mean? Dont wanna ruin a good deal!! :duel:

Danzig

GOOD LUCK

Someone is misinformed and about to lose a liquor license, or at least get a big slap on the wrist from the St. Mary’s liquor board. If they sell or serve ANY alcohol in the parking lot they are in violation of county laws. The fact that it is private property means nothing; they have a liquor license and have to abide by those laws.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
aps45819 said:
COPIED FROM THE SCRC FORUM(wasn't me at the meeting)

Alright folks here's the scoop on a Bike Night here in Lexington Park.

I went to Lone Star tonight on a business meeting and mentioned to the General Manager what I'd like to do... After explaining what I'd like to see and explaining it would be nice to be able to have a beer in the parking lot, girls serving beer etc I was told the following:

This is private property.. you can drink in the parking lot as long as folks don't violate that rule. (Outback was inside only because it's in a shopping center)
I said having some beer tubs set up is a good idea and they are willing to sponsor that as well.

They are also willing to provide power for music in the parking lot and will block off an area as needed. (I'll work the music thing.... although maybe not the first few nights)

After about an hour of drinking during my business meeting (it actually was a business meeting) the General Manager came back and said she had talked to two local radio stations and they will advertise.. (98.3 & 102.9 apparently she knows T-Bone & Heather because she talked with them).

She also talked to Foot Locker and they allowed for any overflow parking as needed as well as a couple of businesses near by in the back. She also said she called Evolution Cycles, a friend that owns All-American & Ft. Washington Harley and they will support as well. (Her and her husband ride as well)

By the time I was ready to leave she had called Guy Distributors and also offered up to get the Miller High Lite girls and do whatever else she can to make it a success. I said one small step at a time and let it flow to see how things go. They will be making a Bike Night Banner as well for advertising. They're also up for bike shows etc.

Moving really fast here but we decided to start on Wednesday 13 July 2005. TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!!

This is a start so lets show our interest and build this into a weekly event worth going to.

Time runs from 05:00pm - 10:00pm so lets make a showing and pass this on to anyone you know. They even offered up some free appetizers to get things going.. we'll see how that goes. I'll make some flyers and pass them out at the local Bike Shops as well.

Lets get this thing going and make it a regular weekly event. I'll also make some flyers and put the word/flyers out to SM City & Jaggs Cycles.
I will call the St. Mary's Today and let them know too.

Mikeinsmd

Danzig said:
GOOD LUCK Someone is misinformed and about to lose a liquor license, or at least get a big slap on the wrist from the St. Mary’s liquor board. If they sell or serve ANY alcohol in the parking lot they are in violation of county laws. The fact that it is private property means nothing; they have a liquor license and have to abide by those laws.
How does the Tiki Bar get around this? :confused:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mikeinsmd said:
Local law enforcement ignores it, but will cite you for it if you do something else wrong.. Like if you get into a fight, and you have a drink on you, they get you for both, but generally ignore the open container laws EVEN though it is posted ALL over the island..

AND I'll be there.. me and my silver bullet!

Danzig

Mikeinsmd said:
$$$$$ and a blind eye.

If I was the GM and wanted to keep my job I would call Pat Insley the Administrator for the county (she runs the place, and knows more than anyone) at 475-7844 or DFC. Doug Mills the Alcohol Enforcement Coordinator at the county sheirff office.

Below is the St. Mary's law covering what they want to do. (and one for off sale places (to go).

If you want to read all the laws for St. Mary's County go here http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/alcoholbeverageboard/abbrulesandregsfinal.pdf

Attachments

• thelaw.gif
    thelaw.gif
    16 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Mikeinsmd

Danzig said:
$$$$$ and a blind eye.

If I was the GM and wanted to keep my job I would call Pat Insley the Administrator for the county (she runs the place, and knows more than anyone) at 475-7844 or DFC. Doug Mills the Alcohol Enforcement Coordinator at the county sheirff office.

Below is the St. Mary's law covering what they want to do. (and one for off sale places (to go).

If you want to read all the laws for St. Mary's County go here http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/alcoholbeverageboard/abbrulesandregsfinal.pdf
Thanks!! :yay:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If SCRC is a "bona fide religious, fraternal, veterans, political, civic, educational, athletic or other non-profit organization" then couldn't they get a Special/Temporary Class C license for an event such as this?" See section 2.16 of the linked .pdf above.

Danzig

Ken King said:
If SCRC is a "bona fide religious, fraternal, veterans, political, civic, educational, athletic or other non-profit organization" then couldn't they get a Special/Temporary Class C license for an event such as this?" See section 2.16 of the linked .pdf above.
That won’t work either; the problem is drinking the parking lot. It doesn’t matter if you get a one day license you would still have to abide by the law of only drinking in the “designated” areas for the licensed establishment.

And if you do get a one day license to do it somewhere else you will have to have someone TAM certified to apply for the license.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Okay, so outside is a problem?

Danzig said:
That won’t work either; the problem is drinking the parking lot. It doesn’t matter if you get a one day license you would still have to abide by the law of only drinking in the “designated” areas for the licensed establishment.

And if you do get a one day license to do it somewhere else you will have to have someone TAM certified to apply for the license.
Okay this is covered in the local code. Doesn't the law say with permission it can be okay?

5.04 - Other Prohibited Practices

(p) Consumption in Outside Areas
The licensee may not permit any person, who is a patron of the licensed premises, to drink any alcoholic beverage while:
(1) On public property, unless authorized by a governmental entity that has jurisdiction over the property;
(2) On a mall, adjacent parking area, or other outside area of any combination of privately owned retail establishments, such as a shopping center, where the general public is invited for business purposes, unless authorized by the owner of the shopping center;
(3) On an adjacent parking area or other outside area of any other retail establishment, unless authorized by the owner of the establishment; or
(4) In any parked vehicle located on any of the places enumerated in this subsection, unless authorized.
(5) It shall not be defense to a violation of this section that the licensee’s clerk, agent, employee, or servant permitted such activity without the licensee’s permission or knowledge.

Danzig

aps45819 said:
It's their parking lot, not shared with anybody else.
It doesn’t matter you still have to abide by the law of only drinking in the “designated” areas for the licensed establishment.
Have the GM call Pat at the # above.

dustin

UAIOE
when i was stationed in jax we use dto go to bike night at sonics. there was one at hooters but i couldnt believe the beers people would throw back and then go ride. ok, one beer is fine with me if youre there eating a meal....but 3 or 4? comeon you'll be a statistic in no time.

Too bad there isn't a SONIC here. It would do pretty well I believe. The closest thing to that is Checkers....matter of fact Checkers would be a pretty sweet place cause they have tons of parking...plus Applebees is right next door so all the drunks can go mingle there first inside, and then head over to checkers.

Nothin like eatin a burger and fries amongst the exhuast fumes!

Not like it really matters anyways...since my bike is RIP

Ponytail

dustin said:
when i was stationed in jax we use dto go to bike night at sonics. there was one at hooters but i couldnt believe the beers people would throw back and then go ride. ok, one beer is fine with me if youre there eating a meal....but 3 or 4? comeon you'll be a statistic in no time.

Too bad there isn't a SONIC here. It would do pretty well I believe. The closest thing to that is Checkers....matter of fact Checkers would be a pretty sweet place cause they have tons of parking...plus Applebees is right next door so all the drunks can go mingle there first inside, and then head over to checkers.

Nothin like eatin a burger and fries amongst the exhuast fumes!

Not like it really matters anyways...since my bike is RIP

I don't understand why Berts doesn't sponsor anything like that.