Do mares...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
go through false preggies?
I took our POA in for ultrasound this weekend, and no baby :cheers: didn't WANT her preggie, she was with a young paint colt for 3 weeks, who was very interested in her bum...:dead:
Anyway, i come home from the vet and a friend was over saturday, and asked when my mare was due....i said nope, she's open...and she pointed to my kid's Welsh pony mare!! <ARRG> sure enough, she's bagged up and squirting clear milk.
I know she had a foal last year, but I'm not sure if she was exposed to him in her foal heat. I'm trying to reach the people we got her from to ask them but no luck yet. She's not very big if she is preggie, she's a little round, but not more than a pretty welshie should be :lol:
Vet hasn't called back yet either. :spank:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
nope, it's not foul, but she looks kind of bagged up and puffy - not waxed or hard...do they stay that way too? I didn't touch it, just squirted it right into the kid's face, since she was bending down looking at it - i couldn't resist :lol:
will do pix tonight then, for you hons. :smile:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
Yes I have had mares that have been broodmares keep a little soft bag with liquid...not big and hard but a bag and soft...lol..pic of the liquid in your palm too for color...
i gotta TOUCH it? GROSS. :dead: