My parents' totalled G35 sedan

dustin

UAIOE
Last week my parents were involved in a car accident. Drunk driver hit them from behind. Long story short they walked away with bumps and bruises but they were both wearing their seatbelts and airbags worked.

The cop saw them in the hospital and said that since they were wearing their seatbelts and all that, basically the car's safety features saved their lives.

So any of you who don't wear your seatbelts, or think "Eh? The airbags will work good enough..." You could be on the next local newspaper obituary.

And if you have the money to fork over for an Infiniti G35. I highly recommend it :yay:

Here's a pic of a G35 sedan to compare with

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:shocking: Wow! Glad they are okay. :huggy: I always wear my seat belt and so does anybody else in my vehicle - NO exceptions! :yay:

K

Kizzy

Dustin :huggy: glad they are ok and the car took that beating very well.

dustin

UAIOE
Thanks all. :huggy:

My parents were heading down an offramp form the highway going about 50 and the drunk hit them going about 80 from behind. Luckily it was "date night" and my little bro wasnt in the backseat.

The drunk that hit him was 1/4 mile from his house. He had flipped his Blazer, got out and ran to his house (fleeing the scene) and then when the cops came to get him at his house he lied to them (tried to blame it on his wife who was in the house at the time) so they took him back to the accident scene and breatherlized him (popped of course) and arrested him. Second DUI. I think he's still in jail. And I hope he stays there for a while.

dustin

UAIOE
DoWhat said:
What they hit in front of them?
The gaurdrail on the offramp. Decreasing radius turn. The car kinda spun sideways after the drunk hit them I believe hitting the gaurdrail.

ocean733

Wow. I am so glad that they are both okay.

I always wears my seat belt. The harness that crosses your chest irritates me, so a lot of the time I will slip out from underneath it. I think I'm going to try harder to get used to it!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
It's amazing that your parents are ok, Dustin. I'm glad that they had a safe car that protected them from tragedy.

dustin

UAIOE
ocean733 said:
Wow. I am so glad that they are both okay.

I always wears my seat belt. The harness that crosses your chest irritates me, so a lot of the time I will slip out from underneath it. I think I'm going to try harder to get used to it!
IMO all vehicles should have 5 point harnesses factory installed in each main seat. But we the consumer are in too much of a hurry to have to connect together something like that :rolleyes:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Looks bad! Glad your folks are OK!

Too bad the Nissan/Infinity corporation is partly owned by the French... Lots of people won't buy those cars based on that alone. :ohwell: