where to get cabinets?

marianne

I need to get cabinets and don't know where to look other than Home Depot or Lowes. Any ideas? I have a design and don't need the markups associated with a kitchen design center.

marianne said:
I need to get cabinets and don't know where to look other than Home Depot or Lowes. Any ideas? I have a design and don't need the markups associated with a kitchen design center.
Will you be installing them yourself...:confused:

marianne

kwillia said:
Will you be installing them yourself...:confused:

Depends on the cost of installation. If it's more than about $200 for installation, I'll do it myself. I feel guilty I haven't put the combination horizontal-vertical laser level to good use.

marianne said:
Depends on the cost of installation. If it's more than about $200 for installation, I'll do it myself. I feel guilty I haven't put the combination horizontal-vertical laser level to good use.
I'm sure it will cost you more than that for installation no matter who you chose to talk too.

I suggest you get estimates from a couple places, and then go for "best buy". Be sure to consider Dean Lumber for an estimate. I used them to completely redo my kitchen cabinets last summer and then again for cabinets in my new addition this spring.

You will save yourself a considerable amount of money doing the installation yourself.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Vince said:
Cords Cabinets. I think they're up on Rt. 4.
:yeahthat: But they're actually up Route 5 in Charlotte Hall. 229770 Three Notch Rd Charlotte Hall, MD 20622 Phone: (301) 753-8111

They did the kitchen and bathroom cabinets in my house and they are beautiful. They were actually cheaper than Lowe's or Home Depot when I priced them out. :yay:

cosgirl

Dean Home Center in Hollywood has custom order cabinetry- I think the business is known as D.L.C. Fabrications.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
marianne said:
My old house was a split foyer. I redisigned mjy entire kitchen myself. Then went to beautiful kitchens in Hollywood. They took my idea's, measured, we bought the cabinets from them. And the "corian' laminite counter tops. They added a lot of useful space to the kitchen. (the kitchen is MY domain! I RULE IT.) Cost us 12K. The brand of cabinets was Kitchen Maid. I have the same cabinets in my new kitchen. twice as many-Square footage-same brand-TRUE CORIAN counter's (triple the space) with a custom edge. My entire kitchen in our new home cost me 7K. I went to Stuart kitchens, wihch is the supplier of many brand name cabinets supplied to Lowes, 84 lumber, Home Depot AND Dean's lumber (in St. Mary's county) or so the salesman told me. Their on 301 south amongst all the car dealerships in Waldorf. Green awning. Next to the Dodge dealership if I'm not mistaken.

You decide. But shop around. Regardless who designs it.

marianne

Suz' said:
You decide. But shop around. Regardless who designs it.

Thanks, that helped also.

I think some kitchen designers are worth their weight in gold. I had initially designed the kitchen and gave the design to a cabinet supply company. The company were not nearly as impressed with my drawings as I was and offered to redesign it. I was flabberghasted at how wonderful their new design came out-staggered cabinet heights and depths, spice drawers, fillers, rosettes are all things I had never heard of. But for nearly two months now I can't get a hold of the guy to give me a final price and place the order.

So I'm going to run the design by the other cabinet places that ya'll recommended.

Last edited:

marianne

Suz' said:
I have the same cabinets in my new kitchen. twice as many-Square footage-same brand-TRUE CORIAN counter's (triple the space) with a custom edge. My entire kitchen in our new home cost me 7K. I went to Stuart kitchens,

I didn't pick up on this the first time. Stuart Kitchens did your countertop also? And the corian plus the cabinets were only $7K?
:shocking: