Any forumits here work at a garage?

Ponytail

Any forumites here work at a garage?

Need to re-gear the jeep and get the daggum rear brakes working. Rear brakes are a custom disc setup using Lincoln Discs and GM Calipers. They worked one day, about a year ago, and I haven't had brakes since. I had one garage work on it about a year ago, and even though the told me it was fixed, it was not. The brakes aren't even the slightest bit better.

Looking for a garage capable of doing the work correctly.

Last edited:

Vince

Sorry PT, I do my own. Only thing I have a garage do is if I need a double flare on the brake lines. I don't have a double flare tool. Have to buy one someday. Just redid my truck. Master cylinder blew. Replace that, new calipers in front, wheel cylinders and brakes on the rear, and a used (from the junkyard) rear anti-lock valve. Truck stops like it's new.

Ponytail

Vince said:
Sorry PT, I do my own. Only thing I have a garage do is if I need a double flare on the brake lines. I don't have a double flare tool. Have to buy one someday. Just redid my truck. Master cylinder blew. Replace that, new calipers in front, wheel cylinders and brakes on the rear, and a used (from the junkyard) rear anti-lock valve. Truck stops like it's new.

I usually do my own work too. I've replaced EVERYTHING. I made all of my own brake lines, new MC, new calipers... I'm just at wits end with it.

Vince

Ponytail said:
I usually do my own work too. I've replaced EVERYTHING. I made all of my own brake lines, new MC, new calipers... I'm just at wits end with it.
Same diameter brake lines I hope. I had to remake mine. I could get the same diameter lines, but had to change the fittings and reflare them. Double flare of course. And not having the tool to do a double, I had to take them to PF and get them done. Do you have an anti-lock system in the Jeep? Do you have any brakes at all? Bench bleed the master cylinder before you installed it?