68 Dodge Charger

redsarrow

A little something...
I've owned a 68 Dodge Charger for 7 years now and I am finally ready to fix it up. I am looking for a good place to do some body work and paint that will do good work but won't cost me my first born.

Anyone know of a good body shop that deals with older cars (and preferrably has knowledge of Mopars)?

And, does anyone else on the forum own a charger and be willing to give a gal some good advice?

B

Bruzilla

I'm a Roadrunner guy, but hey... a B-body is a B-body. :cheers:

What are you looking to have done to the Charger? How bad is the cancer in the fenders and quarters? Are you looking to upgrade the drivetrain?

I'm picking up a 73 Roadrunner in Virginia next month, and it has a 318/727A drivetrain that I'm upgrading to a 440/727B drivetrain. Then I'm having custom seat covers made by Legendary Interiors, and then painting it black with custom white/gold striping to honor my Pittsburgh heritage.

Anyway... post some details of what you plan to do to the Charger and I'll try to point you in a good, and cheaper, direction.

charger383

redsarrow said:
I've owned a 68 Dodge Charger for 7 years now and I am finally ready to fix it up. I am looking for a good place to do some body work and paint that will do good work but won't cost me my first born.

Anyone know of a good body shop that deals with older cars (and preferrably has knowledge of Mopars)?

And, does anyone else on the forum own a charger and be willing to give a gal some good advice?

jay guy at two guys in lex.park is awsome! treats every car like it was his own, if you are looking for body parts, try carisle during the mopar show.. you can always pick up some stuff there/

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Nostalgia.

I had a 1966 Charger with a 426 Hemi. Wish I still had it. Pulled the engine and put it in a Howard ski boat; would do 100 MPH. Put a 383 in the '66 and traded it on a '68 Charger R/T with a 440 Magnum. The '68 was traded on a '70 Challenger R/T 440 Magnum.

Sigh. Those were the days. Thirty cent Super Shell, lots of horsepower, suregrip diffs, and big tires.