St Mary's Co Parade

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Hey Guys! We ride with the American Heritage Riders and do the parade every year. You are more than welcome to ride with us if you're interested. You must dress like a working cowboy - NO BAR GARB - Just jeans, solid colored plain long sleeve shirts, cowboy hat, leather western saddle - no silver needed, and we'll even let spotted horses and horses that walk funny ride with us. Our club does 14 or so parades every year and are always looking for new members. There is no Beauracracy (sp?), no bu11sh**, no leaders, no minimum of parades to ride - just do the ones you are interested in. Let me know if you'd like more info :popcorn:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Is there a Website for the American Heritage ride? Can't i be an Indian princess on one 'o my round American Indian Ponies? What parades do you do?
You guys diong the Haw. Ride at the League this weekend??

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
happyappygirl said:
Is there a Website for the American Heritage ride? Can't i be an Indian princess on one 'o my round American Indian Ponies? What parades do you do?
You guys diong the Haw. Ride at the League this weekend??
Website!!!!! Are you kidding!!!!! We can't get our unofficial leader Hank to even get a cell phone!!! No, we don't have princesses and we even tried to get a calvery reenactment rider accepted and no go. We have the following parades for this year - Sept 6th Kensington MD Labor Day, Sept 11 Tuckahoe Outlaw Days, Sept 18 Leonardtown, Oct 2 Montross Va Grand Feature Parade, Nov 6 Urbanna Oyster Festival, Nov 11 Leonardtown Veterans Day, Nov 20 Silver Spring Holiday Parade. The Kensington Parade is very nice and has a good turnout. Lots of bands that go BOOM-BOOM-BOOOOOM. Always makes for a little excitement for the newbies. :whistle:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
aps45819 said:
When is it?

Fair linkie

Sat sept 24th, 10 am. I talked to Appy and looks like i'm the organizer.
I'll send in the parade registration form. We'd like to do a breed dress up thing, I think. I'm going to be an indian princess on my spotty butt, my lil one will be an english rider on her welshie, appy is doing the spanish paso thingie....
let me know if you're interested, and I'll post more details.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
OK, sent in the parade reservation form today. Here's what they'll read:
Our club was founded to enable equestrians in Southern Maryland and the surrounding areas the opportunity to enjoy the trail riding experience. We host 8 day-rides a year with an overnight/weekend ride held in August, along with two fun filled General Meetings a year, a Dinner/Dance at the start of the year, and a Crab Feast in July. Our first “official” ride for every year is The Early Bird, held in March, and the year ends with The True Grit ride, held in December. Each ride ends with a social gathering of friends, new and old, always over good food. Check out our WEBSITE at http://www.smtr.org

Now I need a volunteer to walk along with one of my dogs who will be pulling a cart for the...um....occasional plops I'm sure our ponies make. :lol: any volunteers? I'm gonna ASK boy....we'll see.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
happyappygirl said:
Fair linkie

Sat sept 24th, 10 am. I talked to Appy and looks like i'm the organizer.
I'll send in the parade registration form. We'd like to do a breed dress up thing, I think. I'm going to be an indian princess on my spotty butt, my lil one will be an english rider on her welshie, appy is doing the spanish paso thingie....
let me know if you're interested, and I'll post more details.

Will anyone be wearing the Lady Godiva costume? :dance:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Not me. :lol: But I'd love to ride in the parade but I haven't been on a horse in years.
You don't have to ride...

happyappygirl said:
Now I need a volunteer to walk along with one of my dogs who will be pulling a cart for the...um....occasional plops I'm sure our ponies make. any volunteers?
Sound like a match made in heaven. :dance:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Excuse me! My Boxers do NOT roll in poop. Abbey is a lady and Biscuit knows better. They would love to strut their stuff, though. They love to be the center of attention.