Top Soil

My lawn has a bunch of low spots due to heavy equipment and more. I'd like to fill them in and get the yard level again, or at least get rid of the ankle-busters.  I'm considering getting a dump truck load of soil and renting a bobcat to spread it.

Can anyone recommend a source for top soil that delivers to Hollywood? How much do you think this will cost me? After adding in the cost of a bobcat rental, would it be better to just hire a landscaper? I'm new to projects of this type and size, and I appreciate some experienced comments.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The last load of top soil I got was from The Greenery in Hollywood - unfortunately, it was mostly sand and was full of weed seeds.  It's been 3 years and I'm still picking the weed seed sprouts out of my garden!

I too would be interested in finding a good source of top soil - we're moving to a new home soon and will need lots for starting our new gardens.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
You might be better off initially just using the Bobcat, period, to even out the soil. Because if you don't intend to actually plant on it. topsoil won't matter.

appyday, thanks for the offer. I might consider it as an additive for a smaller project, but I'd rather not take that route on this one.

Frank, of course I'm gonna spread some grass seed in an atempt to fill in the lawn after the leveling work. But I just can't take a bobcat and go pushing around what little I have to work with here. I'll end up scrapping off what grass and topsoil  I have. Then, after the rain washes that away, I'll only be left with all that dynamite-proof clay that won't grow anything. At a minimum, I need some fill dirt.