Blue Angels Photos

Mikeinsmd

Wait a minute..... some of those were taken from the air...... I took some too from my boat but I'm not posting em if yours are real!! :lol:

ylexot

Super Genius
Mikeinsmd said:
Wait a minute..... some of those were taken from the air...... I took some too from my boat but I'm not posting em if yours are real!! :lol:
"They're real and they're fantastic" :lmao:

They're all from the ground and they're not cropped either. That's what you get when you have a huge...lens. That was the first time I used that lens to take pictures of aircraft. I was surprised how close in I could get when they were flying down the runway. I quickly learned to zoom out some so that I could get the entire jet in the frame. Just think what I could get if I put the 1.5x teleconverter on it (changing it from a 500mm lens into a 750mm lens). Inside the cockpit photos anyone?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
ylexot said:
I went to the Air Show on Friday just in time for the Blue Angels and got some great shots. I'm so happy with them that I decided to share. All of them were taken using the Digital Rebel and a Sigma 50-500mm lens (aka the Bigma). Enjoy!
Here's mine
I got fed up with the 3x optical zoom on my Nikon digital and ordered a Minolta today with a 10x (equivalent to a 38-380mm) optical zoom.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Absolutely breathtaking photos, ylexot! :clap: I got shivers just looking at some of them. Wow. :yay:

ylexot said:
"They're real and they're fantastic" :lmao:

They're all from the ground and they're not cropped either. That's what you get when you have a huge...lens. That was the first time I used that lens to take pictures of aircraft. I was surprised how close in I could get when they were flying down the runway. I quickly learned to zoom out some so that I could get the entire jet in the frame. Just think what I could get if I put the 1.5x teleconverter on it (changing it from a 500mm lens into a 750mm lens). Inside the cockpit photos anyone?
You have an awesome camera!!! Great pics!!

S

Shutterbug

ylexot....you're my hero..... :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Aps...your's are pretty cool, too! I was at Solomon's and didn't have my regular camera with me. I had a digital video with a crappy zoom, but I still got some cool footage in action.