??? cold remedies ???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Drink a Theraflu before you go to bed. A shot of Nyquil will work, too, but it tastes gross. :dead:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
ct20657 said:
Anyone have any tips or tricks for cold/flu ??
Go to sleep and wake up in three days. :yay:

If that isn't feasible, try Alka Seltzer Cold & Flu, it's always worked for me. :yay:

Pegster710

The Pegster
I have a cold...

You're right, Vrai, Nyquil tastes HORRIBLE! But I got it down and actually got some sleep last night. Now, I'm feeling a little out of it - Nyquil hangover, you know...

Are there any daytime remedies you guys recommend? I have a cough and stuffy head / nose. Plus, my ears feel funny - every time I talk, I hear a buzzing in my ear, and a little bit of an echo...

:bawl: I wanna go home and sleep it off, but I don't wanna use up all my leave...

I'll just have to suffer through... :drama:

PJay

Pegster710 said:
You're right, Vrai, Nyquil tastes HORRIBLE! But I got it down and actually got some sleep last night. Now, I'm feeling a little out of it - Nyquil hangover, you know...

Are there any daytime remedies you guys recommend? I have a cough and stuffy head / nose. Plus, my ears feel funny - every time I talk, I hear a buzzing in my ear, and a little bit of an echo...

:bawl: I wanna go home and sleep it off, but I don't wanna use up all my leave...

Hope you feel better soon. I have a cold too. I rarely ever get a cold, scratching my head wondering how I picked it up.

Anyway, have you tried Dayquil? That works for the day time, you don't get drowsy.

Pegster710

The Pegster
Homesick said:
Hope you feel better soon. I have a cold too. I rarely ever get a cold, scratching my head wondering how I picked it up.

Anyway, have you tried Dayquil? That works for the day time, you don't get drowsy.

Thanks, I hope you feel better, too!

Yes, I guess I need to hit the store...

rack'm

Jaded
Pegster710 said:

Are there any daytime remedies you guys recommend?

Day Quil pills....:yay::yay:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Pegster710 said:
Isn't Nyquil essentially flavored bourbon with a Tylenol/Sudafed chaser? :lol:

mrweb

Iron City
otter said:
Nyquil at night and Drixoral during the day.
Nyquil= :dead:

That stuff actually keeps me awake. :confused: You know on the back where it says "May cause sleeplessness" well I'm here to tell you its true. I can't take most of that stuff, it does wierd things to me. I'm a medication wimp. :bawl:

Makavide

Not too talkative
Try Cold-Eze. It doesn't really do anything for cold symptoms, but it does help you get rid of the cold quicker.

ocean733

mrweb said:
Nyquil= :dead:

That stuff actually keeps me awake. :confused: You know on the back where it says "May cause sleeplessness" well I'm here to tell you its true. I can't take most of that stuff, it does wierd things to me. I'm a medication wimp. :bawl:
The same thing happens to me! I forget what it's called...paradoxical effect - or something.

I still can't sleep, but I get that feeling of when in your dreams you do something like trip off the curb and you jerk awake.

mrweb

Iron City
ocean733 said:
The same thing happens to me! I forget what it's called...paradoxical effect - or something.

I still can't sleep, but I get that feeling of when in your dreams you do something like trip off the curb and you jerk awake.
It's sort of like you are half sleeping, not really knowing if you slept or not, more awake than asleep but asleep nonetheless. Its wierd. Usually I don't take anything, I just suffer until its gone. I forgot about cold-eze.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Amazing

Nickel said:
Go to sleep and wake up in three days. :yay:

If that isn't feasible, try Alka Seltzer Cold & Flu, it's always worked for me. :yay:

What's your trick for taking the Alka Selter Plus? It tastes like fizzy spit to me and I bought the Orange Burst and tried it cold and hot, wasn't happening. So now I am stuck with 9 - 2tab packs and I don't ever intend to take them again, unless you have a secret.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
ocean733 said:

:lmao: I do that sometimes but it's more like I am falling off of the bed, that jerk is really strong too, makes me feel like such a punk.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Dayquil, Nyquil. Seems like you have the same bug everyone is getting. 3 weeks now and it's finally breaking up. Hang in there.