Ford Cruise Control Recalls

AMP

Jersey attitude.
My baby is in the shop right now, and I called to see if they'd fix the switch, they said it was already being done. How nice.

Ford Motor Co. yesterday recalled 3.8 million pickup trucks and sport-utility vehicles for a cruise control switch suspected of causing engine fires. It is the fifth-largest auto industry recall in U.S. history.

Ford said the recall of 1994-2002 model-year vehicles includes the company's hot-selling F-150 pickup truck, Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator and Ford Bronco. The company said it would start sending recall notices to vehicle owners immediately.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the No. 2 U.S.-based automaker have been investigating complaints of engine fires linked to the switch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/07/AR2005090701147.html

Thanks for the heads up, I've got to get mine in the shop. Unfortunately I hate doing it, because it takes time out of my day. But I would rather take the time than have it ruin my vehicle.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
Thanks, saw this on the news last night... ...he says with a '01 Expedition sitting in the driveway.

AMP

Jersey attitude.
First you think, what are the chances mine will catch fire? Then reality gets the better of you. :smile: Missing my F-150 today, but will rest easy in the knowledge that all is fixed.... until the next recall. :whistle: