Should people be banned...

Should I tighten down on what people get banned for?

• Yes, ban the creative cussers

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Yes, ban the disruptors

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, ban both creative cussers and disruptors

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No, it's fine the way it is

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...for creative cussing and general disorderly conduct?

I typically warn creative cussers, then sit them out if they persist. Should I be more strict with this?

Disorderly conduct is more subjective and you all would be at the mercy of my judgement, since what could be considered "disorderly" by one person is just normal conversation to another.

Think before you vote.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:
...for creative cussing and general disorderly conduct?

I typically warn creative cussers, then sit them out if they persist. Should I be more strict with this?

Disorderly conduct is more subjective and you all would be at the mercy of my judgement, since what could be considered "disorderly" by one person is just normal conversation to another.

Think before you vote.

I think it depends on the intent of the offender. But then that would be hard to prove, wouldn't it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
cattitude said:
I think it depends on the intent of the offender. But then that would be hard to prove, wouldn't it?
Impossible to prove is more like it. :lol: Sometimes you can tell the person's intent, regardless of their protests of innocence. But not very often.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I voted for disruptive. I don't much mind someone telling me to kiss off. If it becomes an attack situation though I think they should at least sit out a bit.

K

Kain99

I think things are absolutely perfect just the way they are....

Love, Kain

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I think you guys - you know what I mean - are doing as well as you can; as one person already mentioned, we are not the DU, where you get tossed for merely having an adverse opinion, different from the mainstream.

Creative cussers, and so forth? That's your call, and I trust your judgement on that.

The Ignore button works quite well, thank you.

morganj614

Disruptive, I don't mind being called a creative cuss word. I don't feel the board owners should be called them.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I can't decide. I don't mind when people come on with alternate ideas and shake things up a bit. It get things rolling. I don't even mind the one on one battles because everyone on here is big enough to fight on their own.

I don't like a group attacking another for no real reason - especially when graphic profanity is used - no matter how they spell it. (ex. the Mike and Pete comment, the attacks on Vrai concerning "beads") I think it shows a lack of class and brings down the reputation of the forum as a whole.

I don't mind mild profanity - creatively spelled. I've used it myself.

So I vote to ban graphic profanity users regardless of spelling. I think that would be number 6.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
morganj614 said:
Disruptive, I don't mind being called a creative cuss word. I don't feel the board owners should be called them.
Well, when I'm just posting, I don't think it's fair to not apply the same criteria that I would for other posters. The only time I do a "what I say goes" is when I'm in Admin mode, telling someone to stop whatever offensive thing they're doing.

And I didn't "get" the bead reference - I just thought it was another one of her non-sequiters, like 'boulder', that she pulls from her demented "mind".

morganj614

vraiblonde said:
Well, when I'm just posting, I don't think it's fair to not apply the same criteria that I would for other posters. The only time I do a "what I say goes" is when I'm in Admin mode, telling someone to stop whatever offensive thing they're doing.
And I didn't "get" the bead reference - I just thought it was another one of her non-sequiters, like 'boulder', that she pulls from her demented "mind".

Got it, I didn't realize that you 'just post' and thought when you were on, you were administering. I see the difference.

Llwynog

Thats Welsh for fox.
Mostly I don't mind but Qpid seems to take it much farther than anyone else I've seen. The up side is everybody looks better by comparison. :ohwell: