The Tides Tyrant

gigi6

I cannot believe what happened at the Tides restaurant tonight!

We were eating a nice dinner out on the patio this evening when all of a sudden I heard a voice booming ......turns out it was the restaurant manager was absolutely reeming some poor women bartendar about "costimg him money" about some beer thing! I could not believe it - here was someone in, what I thought was an upscale restaurant, berrating someone in front of an entire patio of patrons.

I just don't understand this! Why would anyone want to reprimand an employee in front of a room full of people? Unless they were a nasty little troll of a human being who felt the need to belittle someone to make himself feel better.

Just thought I would rant here - it will be the last time I go to this restaurant. The food was good - but the floor show sucked! :dead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You must have never worked in a restaurant. :lol: Shoot, when I worked at Bambino's years ago, the owner going off on the waitresses was part of the entertainment.

However, the Tides is a nice restaurant and I'll bet that manager will be gone before you can say Jack Robinson.

K

Kizzy

gigi6 said:
I cannot believe what happened at the Tides restaurant tonight!

We were eating a nice dinner out on the patio this evening when all of a sudden I heard a voice booming ......turns out it was the restaurant manager was absolutely reeming some poor women bartendar about "costimg him money" about some beer thing! I could not believe it - here was someone in, what I thought was an upscale restaurant, berrating someone in front of an entire patio of patrons.

I just don't understand this! Why would anyone want to reprimand an employee in front of a room full of people? Unless they were a nasty little troll of a human being who felt the need to belittle someone to make himself feel better.

Just thought I would rant here - it will be the last time I go to this restaurant. The food was good - but the floor show sucked! :dead:

If he felt the need to reprimand an employee, it should have been done in the back where it was out of sight. I would have gotten up, and I know my husband would have done the same thing, and told the manager that tonight HE cost the restaurant money due to him acting so unprofessionally.

gigi6

Kizzy & Vrai........I could not agree with you more. No, I have never worked in a restaurant (well - okay - fast food when I was a kid) but to have someone reprimand an employee like this in front of a room full of people was horrible. The look on that girl's face was so awful - she was so embarassed! I really feel like this guy did this just so he could feel important. I asked our waiter if this was normal behavior and he said "yes" - he's always after someone!

I guess I just felt that in a restaurant that is calling itself "upscale" you would not find this type of behavior.

In either case - I will never return to the Tides. For the amount of money we paid, the food was "ok". And by the way - whoever the bartender was.........the drinks were great!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
gigi6 said:
I guess I just felt that in a restaurant that is calling itself "upscale" you would not find this type of behavior.
Actually it's worse in the better restaurants than it is in the pizza joints because the pressure is a lot higher.

When I was a teenager, I worked at a place called Spuds & Greens, which served twice-baked potatoes and salad bar. My boss came back and found me putting too much filling in the potatoes so he grabbed the whole pan and dumped it on the floor, then proceeded to pelt me with the potato halves. Right in front of customers.

At least Terry at Bambino's never assaulted me, he just screamed a lot.

Binky at Lenny's was a raging terror and sent me in the backroom bawling my head off on many an occasion. Robin, the owner's wife, always had the reputation for being a witch but she was a joy to work for and I'd wait tables for her any day.

But it's good for you because it gives you motivation to make something of yourself so you never have to work for one of these psychos again. At least, it did for me.

gigi6

vraiblonde said:
Actually it's worse in the better restaurants than it is in the pizza joints because the pressure is a lot higher.

When I was a teenager, I worked at a place called Spuds & Greens, which served twice-baked potatoes and salad bar. My boss came back and found me putting too much filling in the potatoes so he grabbed the whole pan and dumped it on the floor, then proceeded to pelt me with the potato halves. Right in front of customers.

At least Terry at Bambino's never assaulted me, he just screamed a lot.

Binky at Lenny's was a raging terror and sent me in the backroom bawling my head off on many an occasion. Robin, the owner's wife, always had the reputation for being a witch but she was a joy to work for and I'd wait tables for her any day.

But it's good for you because it gives you motivation to make something of yourself so you never have to work for one of these psychos again. At least, it did for me.

Threw potato halves at you? I hope you threw them right back! :lmao:

I cannot imagine working for anyone like this man, or Lenny or Terry. I mean - when is it okay for someone to treat you less than human? Its NOT! And when people don't say anything (which I am ashamed, I did not at the time) its a silent agreement that this type of behavior is okay. The only thing I can do is tell everyone I know about how this little troll acted.

People - for the love of Life.............stand up! Don't let people treat you like this! This man should be taken OUT of the business if its so stressful he has to shout and act like an ape! Please - the restaurant business is a SERVICE INDUSTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a patron and didn't need to have my dinner spoiled by a man who behaved in a way that I would never allow my children to behave!

SHAME ON YOU TIDES RESTAURANT!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
gigi6 I just don't understand this! Why would anyone want to reprimand an employee in front of a room full of people? Unless they were a nasty little troll of a human being who felt the need to belittle someone to make himself feel better.:[/QUOTE said:
small unit syndrome.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
he is a nasty little troll of a human being who felt the need to belittle someone to make himself feel better.

I see he hasn't changed all that much since i knew him. He will probably never change.

gigi6

mixallagist said:
he is a nasty little troll of a human being who felt the need to belittle someone to make himself feel better.

I see he hasn't changed all that much since i knew him. He will probably never change.

Well, then fire the little creep! Mix - you DO know who I'm talking about, don't you? Whats this guy's deal? When we walked in, he was acting smarmy nice - then treats someone bad? What a phoney!

Either way, I won't be returning.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
gigi6 said:
Well, then fire the little creep! Mix - you DO know who I'm talking about, don't you? Whats this guy's deal? When we walked in, he was acting smarmy nice - then treats someone bad? What a phoney!

Either way, I won't be returning.

They won't fire him trust me. He is a phoney. I won't go and eat there because i don't like him. The food is good but it just isn't worth the headache.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
gigi6 said:
I cannot imagine working for anyone like this man, or Lenny or Terry.
Sheltered life. :lol:

And when people don't say anything (which I am ashamed, I did not at the time) its a silent agreement that this type of behavior is okay.
What you should have done is loudly say, "Excuse me? Could you verbally abuse your waitress in the back so the rest of us can enjoy our $50 meals???" and embarrassed him as he deserved. But if you've never seen that before, it shocks you and you don't think to react until later when you calm down. I've been yelled at by professionals, so I can react quickly to this sort of tantrum.

Anyway, you should contact the General Manager - click here, then here - and let him know that your meal was spoiled by the outburst. The GM won't know there's a problem if nobody tells them about it. Unless it WAS the GM that was yelling, and that's even better - you can read him the riot act over the phone.

:cheers:

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
vraiblonde said:

What you should have done is loudly say, "Excuse me? Could you verbally abuse your waitress in the back so the rest of us can enjoy our $50 meals???" and embarrassed him as he deserved. But if you've never seen that before, it shocks you and you don't think to react until later when you calm down. I've been yelled at by professionals, so I can react quickly to this sort of tantrum.

Anyway, you should contact the General Manager - click here, then here - and let him know that your meal was spoiled by the outburst. The GM won't know there's a problem if nobody tells them about it. Unless it WAS the GM that was yelling, and that's even better - you can read him the riot act over the phone.

:cheers:

If it is who I think it is he is the highest up except the owner of the Tides.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:

If you were getting yelled at, they weren't professionals, just nicely dressed thugs.. Professionals and educated people can get their point across without yelling, or name calling even.

Pegster710

The Pegster
Vrai - You worked under Binky?

vraiblonde said:

One of her daughters is one of my best friends... Lets just say she had an interesting childhood...

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pegster710 said:
One of her daughters is one of my best friends... Lets just say she had an interesting childhood...
I used to work with Lorna - always liked her a lot. :yay: