In need of a Turtle Aquarium?

R

rdonthehd

I'm selling my 20 gallon turtle aquarium with UV light, heater, filter and cartriges and a floating turtle dock for only 50 bucks... anyone interested or know anyone who needs one??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
YES I NEED ONE!!!! My daughter brought a turtle home.. and it's living in a TEENY plastic aquarium!!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Yaaaayyyy!! :thewave: What's the turtle's name? I'm so glad he's getting an extreme home makeover!!! :clap:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
K_Jo said:
Yaaaayyyy!! :thewave: What's the turtle's name? I'm so glad he's getting an extreme home makeover!!! :clap:
Yanno, if you didn't ask I could have told you... I don't remember!!

He's warming up to humans though.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
Yanno, if you didn't ask I could have told you... I don't remember!!

He's warming up to humans though.
:lmao: :eek:ldfart:

My grandma had a bunch of turtles. They were huge and loved tomatoes and lettuce. I don't know what brand they were though. She lived in the desert. Desert turtles, I guess. She loved them but they scared me.

rdonthehd said:
I'm selling my 20 gallon turtle aquarium with UV light, heater, filter and cartriges and a floating turtle dock for only 50 bucks... anyone interested or know anyone who needs one??
I just donated a complete 30 gallon aquarium set up to the thrift store on 925 just south of WalMart on Saturday. I believe they are asking $10.00 for it.

R

rdonthehd

K_Jo said:
What happened to the turtles that lived there? :shocking:
They outgrew that tank, so I got them a roomier one - 55 gallons! With TWO basking platforms... just like the Jeffersons, moving on up! hehe

R

rdonthehd

huntr1 said:
I just donated a complete 30 gallon aquarium set up to the thrift store on 925 just south of WalMart on Saturday. I believe they are asking $10.00 for it.
dude, you're not helping my sale here... :lol:

B

baswm

I have 3 red sliders in a 5 Gallon aquarium. I am starting to look for a roomier home so I can add a uv light and bigger dock area.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
baswm said:
I have 3 red sliders in a 5 Gallon aquarium. I am starting to look for a roomier home so I can add a uv light and bigger dock area.

How hard is it to keep turtle tanks clean? I'd like to get a few turtles. I love them.

BrassieChic

09-25-2006 02:56 PM Because we know who you are

Oops! I better contact the FBI to reinstate my Witness Protection Program status! :killingme

B

baswm

Right now it is not too bad. I have a filter keeping the water clear, and I make sure I do not over feed them. I give them 2 or 3 feedings a day. Last December while doing a field test in Florida, I came back to the condo and found out that Mom bought the kids a water turtle. :ohwell: They have been taken good care of.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
migtig said:
I really want to keep frogs as pets. Would a turtle tank work?

Just do what I do. Get a big mud puddle in your back yard like I have and you'll have frogs galore. :yay:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
jazz lady said:
Just do what I do. Get a big mud puddle in your back yard like I have and you'll have frogs galore. :yay:
:eyebrow: Do you honestly think I don't already have a big mud puddle of my very own?! :really:

No, I was talking bout the pretty little pet froggies, not those big ole bullfrogs.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
migtig said:
:eyebrow: Do you honestly think I don't already have a big mud puddle of my very own?! :really:
Oh, of course, queen of the mud. :notworthy

No, I was talking bout the pretty little pet froggies, not those big ole bullfrogs.
I don't have bullfrogs. These are cute little green frogs. I watched them go from eggs to tadpoles to frogs this summer. Too cool. :yay:

Draco69

baswm said:
Right now it is not too bad. I have a filter keeping the water clear, and I make sure I do not over feed them. I give them 2 or 3 feedings a day. QUOTE]

What are you feeding them 3 times a day.

I have 2 red ear sliders and a paint in a 45 gal breeder, as soon as i finish building the stand, i will be moving them into a 75 gal tank. My little slider only has 3 legs, and called him Tripod. He is growing great, as he was giving to me when he was 2 inches big. I feed my turtles every other day a mixture of pellets. There is also some African Chiclids that live in the tank and all get along great. Yes turtle tanks stay very very very dirty and weekly filter cleanings are a must. Make sure you wash your hands very well after being in the tank water, as there are several diseases present in the tank.

Adding a teaspoon of salt per gallon of water will reduce the level of "bad" bacteria and protect the turtles better from shell and skin diseases.

Clean the entire aquarium (including the filtration system) at least once a month. Clean ponds or large enclosures where the animal spends time at least every three to six months.

B

baswm

Draco69 said:
baswm said:
Right now it is not too bad. I have a filter keeping the water clear, and I make sure I do not over feed them. I give them 2 or 3 feedings a day. QUOTE]

What are you feeding them 3 times a day.

QUOTE]

Aquatic Turtle pellets. I sprinkle some in. The Turtles eat it up. My daughter has a tendicy to over feed them because what they do not eat winds up on the bottom the the tank clouding it up.