• The Doors

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I cannot possibly decide!

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

itsbob

I bowl overhand
what?? The wiggles aren't an option!??

the beatles, whether you think them good or bad, started the Rock rolling.. if not for them, the Rolling Stones would have never been as big as they are.. The type of music, the Rock Genre, really took off with the Beatles.. and to take it one step further.. Paul McArtney.. still writing and singing hit songs.. plays his age.. nothing more sad then Lynyrd Skynyrd still trying to do their show at the age of 60 something.. Paul still plays the music, but his show has mellowed, and he's still cranking out HUGE songs. And other then getting caught with a little grass in his suitcase in Tokyo about 30 years ago, when was the last time you've read ANYTHING negative about him...

and *sniff* he opened up his home to an ailing friend, so his friend could die with dignity in peace away from the spotlight...

If you want a famous person for your kids to look up to, to see as a mentor, Paul would be it.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
what?? The wiggles aren't an option!??

the beatles, whether you think them good or bad, started the Rock rolling..
if not for them, the Rolling Stones would have never been as big as they are.. The type of music, the Rock Genre, really took off with the Beatles.. and to take it one step further.. Paul McArtney.. still writing and singing hit songs.. plays his age.. nothing more sad then Lynyrd Skynyrd still trying to do their show at the age of 60 something.. Paul still plays the music, but his show has mellowed, and he's still cranking out HUGE songs. And other then getting caught with a little grass in his suitcase in Tokyo about 30 years ago, when was the last time you've read ANYTHING negative about him...

and *sniff* he opened up his home to an ailing friend, so his friend could die with dignity in peace away from the spotlight...

If you want a famous person for your kids to look up to, to see as a mentor, Paul would be it.
That's not the question! :bonk:

Otter

Nothing to see here
All have their points. Beatles put out 3 or 4 great albums with Lennon/McCartney writing..Neither IMO, after the split, were any good, as solo writers. Stones, after the late 70s became a non-enity to me, really enjoyed them 65 thru the 70s. As of right now, I would much rather listen to the Doors than any of them, but didn't care for them back in the day. ...but...
I was driving home early sunday morning through bakersfield Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station And the preacher said "you know you always have the Lord by your side".......................

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
The Doors
Hard to beat the charisma of the lizard king.
:yeahthat: Jim Morrison just has so much feeling and passion in his voice. I love some of The Beatles and the brillancy of most the Lennon/McCartney collaborations, but other songs just turn me off.

I've never been a big fan of The Rolling Stones. Mick Jagger's voice has never done a thing for me, although I do appreciate the impact their music had.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
The Doors make me :twitch: in a bad way. The Beatles are cool. But I love the Stones! :dude: :cool:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Keith Richards scares me. Like noone else. :yikes: I would pay to be at his autopsy. Mick Jagger is fairly haunting too. Some/most of their music gets your mojo moving, but the dudes are just too focked up.

Jim Morrison, mentally complex and sexual voice extraordinairre, and the Doors are my second choice. Dig the music and the bios...

The Beatles would have to be my numero uno pick of the three... Paul McCartney's voice has always cast something over on me... and he's always seemed to be a pretty decent person. The music and the look of the foursome (and their changes) as well as the country at the time is pretty interesting when reflected on the red and blue albums....

So, there's my chime in.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
The Beatles. As the band went on, their music actually got better. I recommend that any Beatles fan listen to the recent "Let It Be Naked," stripped of Phil Spector's post-production. Without all the sappy strings, "Long and Winding Road" sounds like a Ray Charles homage, which is what McCartney intended the song to be.

The Stones had a string of classic albums from "Beggars Banquet" through "Some Girls." But they haven't made a decent album in two decades. Rock critic David Segal has suggested that the muscle that produces great rock music stops working at age 40, and maybe there's some truth to that.

For some reason, the Doors were too quirky for me. But I would like to find sheet music for Ray Manzarek's keyboard parts.

BuddyLee

Football addict
jazz lady said:
:yeahthat: Jim Morrison just has so much feeling and passion in his voice.
I heard Morrison used to get veeery hyped up on drugs before a show and in one show he actually had sexual intercourse on the stage.:yikes: Can anyone back this up?