The VOID!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I missed it this year, wanted to do it for a warm up (first) rally. Unlike other ralllies this competition has a maximum amount of miles you can drive.

500 mile max, to be done in a controlled time limit, there is a midway control point and and end..

Purpose is to find and photo as many bonus locations in the time allotted without going over 500 miles or over time..

I'm looking at doing this rally next year, and thought maybe other riders in here may be interested..

SHUTTERBUG!! Pillions are allowed, and a good photographer is always a good thing!! (Seperate competition for two up riders)

S

Shutterbug

itsbob said:
I missed it this year, wanted to do it for a warm up (first) rally. Unlike other ralllies this competition has a maximum amount of miles you can drive.

500 mile max, to be done in a controlled time limit, there is a midway control point and and end..

Purpose is to find and photo as many bonus locations in the time allotted without going over 500 miles or over time..

I'm looking at doing this rally next year, and thought maybe other riders in here may be interested..

SHUTTERBUG!! Pillions are allowed, and a good photographer is always a good thing!! (Seperate competition for two up riders)
Info please. I have no idea what you are talking about (as ususal). :rolleyes:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Shutterbug said:
Info please. I have no idea what you are talking about (as ususal). :rolleyes:
It's a motorcycle rally/ riding competition.. I don't know if this will work but

VOID RALLY THREAD, BMWBMW site

Most Rally's are based on the amount of miles, the more miles the better, 24 or more hours, this one is limited to 10 Hours maximum of 500 miles.. you chase bonus points, LOT of strategic planning, and a LOT of picture taking. LOTS of fun, and can do it two up, having someone on the back taking pictures of, for example, license plates to spell out VOID while driving down the road.. I haven't done one yet, and this is the only one I know short time and distance wise.. Any make bike is welcome though most are sponsored by BMW clubs throughout the world. Just a fun time to share with fellow riders of any make and model motorcycle.. even Hyabusa's...

I hear it's an addictive sport.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
When you read the thread, wiredcur (Tim) and Hello Kitty (Nancy) rode the VOID together on their own bikes. If you see his bike it will make your eyes bulge.. he has a laptop (TabletPC) wired into his bike and sits on his handlebars as he drives down the road.. His BIG GPS.. he drives by sound and feel, he can't see his speedo, and fabricated a set of four LEDS on each side of his laptop to tell him important things like neutral, high beams, low fuel, oil warning.. etc..

NANCY rides a BIG bike, a R1200C, and she wrenches on it too.. impressive rider.

If you get anything from the thread is how much FUN they had..

Last edited: