2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins

1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
3. Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
5. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
6. Stir in chopped walnuts and raisins.
7. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a well-greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden on edges.

I want to make these for my friends and neighbors. I found all ingredients except for the pumpkin puree. When I asked the stores in my area they looked at me funny and pointed me to the filling which says do not use.

What is the difference and how would it hurt?

Help.....

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Homesick said:
I want to make these for my friends and neighbors. I found all ingredients except for the pumpkin puree. When I asked the stores in my area they looked at me funny and pointed me to the filling which says do not use.

What is the difference and how would it hurt?

Help.....

Pumpkin puree doesn't have the added sugar and spices like the filling. If you use the filling, the cookies will come out way sweet and overspiced.

PJay

jazz lady said:
Pumpkin puree doesn't have the added sugar and spices like the filling. If you use the filling, the cookies will come out way sweet and overspiced.

Okay. Thank you Jazz.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Those sound :yum:

Has anyone ever played with the Gob recipe and made pumpkin Gobs? I'd like to try to do that:yay:

I looooove pumpkin...:yum: I love pumpkin pie... I love pumpkin bread... now I may just have to whip up a batch of pumpkin cookies to share with friends and coworkers...:yum:

CMC122

Go Braves!
kwillia said:
I looooove pumpkin...:yum: I love pumpkin pie... I love pumpkin bread... now I may just have to whip up a batch of pumpkin cookies to share with friends and coworkers...:yum:
I'm the only one in the house who LOVE's pumpkin:frown: I usually end up sharing whatever I make with my neighbor cause otherwise I'd eat it all:ohwell:

CMC122 said:
I'm the only one in the house who LOVE's pumpkin:frown: I usually end up sharing whatever I make with my neighbor cause otherwise I'd eat it all:ohwell:
:yeahthat: :frown: That's why I never ever get anything pumpkin unless I'm somewhere else for the holidays and they happen to have it. :frown:

CMC122

Go Braves!
kwillia said:
:yeahthat: :frown: That's why I never ever get anything pumpkin unless I'm somewhere else for the holidays and they happen to have it. :frown:
Me too:huggy: Thanksgiving is nothing without pumpkin pie and cool whip:sigh:

CMC122 said:
Me too:huggy: Thanksgiving is nothing without pumpkin pie and cool whip:sigh:
Yep... and I'm not talking a dumb ole Mrs. Smith's pie... I'm talking a real think and creamy melt in your mouth piece...:yum:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The BESTEST Pumpkin Pie...

Elegant Pumpkin-Walnut Layered Pie

1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped and toasted
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Whipped cream (optional)

Roll 1 piecrust to press out fold lines; cut out leaves with a leaf-shaped cutter. Brush leaves with lightly beaten egg, and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
Fit remaining piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under and crimp.
Bake leaves at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Bake piecrust for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove leaves and piecrust from oven; let cool. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
Combine 1/2 cup light brown sugar, chopped walnuts, butter, and vanilla extract; spread on the bottom of baked piecrust.
Beat pumpkin, cream cheese, 2 eggs, and remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg, beating until blended. Spoon pumpkin mixture over walnut mixture.
Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°, and bake 30 more minutes or until pie is set. Remove pie to a wire rack; cool. Arrange leaves on top of pie. Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream, if desired.

Yield: Makes 10 servings

Southern Living, NOVEMBER 2002

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Thanks RR! :yum: I will definately have to make this over the holidays...:love:

The first time I made this, R told me to toss my old recipe and keep this one forever. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
RoseRed said:
Try this one, it is great!

Do you make yours from scratch? Peel and boil down the pumpkin?

Yeah, but lately I use canned pumpkin because of time. Do everything else from scratch though.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Yeah, but lately I use canned pumpkin because of time. Do everything else from scratch though.
I have done it for so many years that I am not sure how to use the canned stuff. Although, I was lazy last year and probably will be this year too.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
RoseRed said:
Elegant Pumpkin Pie
Roll 1 piecrust to press out fold lines; cut out leaves with a leaf-shaped cutter. Brush leaves with lightly beaten egg, and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
I have an issue......Like I have one of those....we're talking non-betty crocker/martha here... :whistle:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
cattitude said:
My recipe uses canned pumpkin (or fresh), cream, milk, molasses and other stuff.
quit beating around the bush and post the recipe damnit!

lymi