Crockpot Porcupine Meatballs

PJay

Haven't tried the recipe before, but giving it a try today.

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef

1/2 cup raw rice

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper

1 egg

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 10 1/2-ounce can condensed tomato soup

1. In mixing bowl combine ground beef, rice, onion, green pepper, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well to blend.

2. Shape meat mixture into 24 meatballs in slow cooking pot. Pour soup over meatballs.

3. Cover and slow cook at setting #3 for 7 to 8 hours, or setting #4 for 4 to 5 hours. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Sides: Mash potatoes and green beans.

Enjoy

Note: I have a couple different kinds of slow cookers. This one using today is a West Bend slow cooker, the pot sits on a grill base.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
mainman said:
I suppose the rice sticks out of the meatballs...
:shrug:
I thought we were cooking with porcupine...that's false advertising. :mad: Kinda like saying I am making squirrel gravy and I pour out heinz 57 instead.

I bet the Rugg family is upset too about not getting a new recipe.

V

Vixen

migtig said:
I thought we were cooking with porcupine...that's false advertising. :mad: Kinda like saying I am making squirrel gravy and I pour out heinz 57 instead.

I bet the Rugg family is upset too about not getting a new recipe.

Craving road kill? :confused:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I made porcupines last night for dinner, along with peas & carrots :biggrin: and mashed taters. However, I don't make them in a crock pot. Instead, I take 1 lb of hamburger meat and mix together with one egg and 1 package of beef Rice-a-Roni. Take portions of mixture and roll into small ball. Cook on low-heat on skillet until browned. Add 2.5 cups water and Beef-a-Roni seasoning mix and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Yummy!