In case the weather turns

yakky doodle

and I can't do the fence, anyone up for a bowling night somewhere this weekend (it's a 3-dayer for most of us! :biggrin:)? I tossed this one out once before and a few people said yes (who, like me, were willing to make a fool of themselves).

Since dinners don't seem to work too well, I thought bowling might be fun. If anyone else is game, lemme know! :cheers:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I'm game, and the sooner I know - the better. I think something like that would be fun! We just have the stinkin' marriage prep. classes, but that's Saturday during the day.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Otter and I do have family stuff this weekend but we love to bowl. Real bowling, that is.:biggrin:

duckpin.jpg

yakky doodle

real bowling? what other kind is there? :confused:

of course, the only hitch is this: if the weather is bad enough that we can't do a fence, we may not be able to drive too far, either to bowl. But I'm game! :cheers:

yakky doodle

Originally posted by SmallTown
I never thought I would say this to anyone.. But.. Your ball looks small

and your "pins" are so fat and round!!! :eek:

bowling; 10-pins; one ball; two tries (no bumper helpers -- except for the kids)!

yakky doodle

okay; heck, i'll learn a new game. where do they have it? any bowling place or only a few select (and likely far away) places?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I use to love going to "Curly's" in Waldorf for duckpin bowling. I have no clue if there are any places left.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I've never even heard of duckpin bowling, but Dean talks about going all the time as a child. I was deprived, I tell ya!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I can't....

The Bug has a birthday party to go to at 4pm Saturday. Maybe next time....

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Snow day = Hooky = Bowling!!!! YEA! Count me in - you sure I can't get help? Can I be spotted a few points so my board doesn't look empty?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: WTH?

Originally posted by yakky doodle
still waiting for someone to explain duck pin bowling to me :confused:

Maybe it is like target pratice and we get to shoot ducks, but instead of a gun we pin them in an alley and throw balls at them.:biggrin: Just an idea. Sounds like fun to me.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Duck pins are shorter and smaller than regular pins. The balls are hand-size and you get 3 rolls instead of two. I haven't played since I was a kid, they're hard to find.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Sharon
Duck pins are shorter and smaller than regular pins. The balls are hand-size and you get 3 rolls instead of two. I haven't played since I was a kid, they're hard to find.

I liked my version better. :razz: