Walmart "Used car lot"

dustin

UAIOE
Secretary at work suggested I try putting my truck I'm trying to sell on the "used car lot" at walmart in Lexington Park.

Has anyone ever put a vehicle for sale here or know anything about it?

I was contemplating doing this but not sure. I havent had any luck with the Lemon Lot on base for this truck and I've put it on D.C. craigslists as well as somd.com classifieds.

Thoughts?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Maybe you're asking too much....I'll give you $16.27 cash today and today only.....Sight unseen......Your turn.. :coffee:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
My Wal-mart looks like a damn campground every night. At least 15 RV's spendng the night there in the parking lot.

Fred Hoeck

Bustem' Down said:
My Wal-mart looks like a damn campground every night. At least 15 RV's spendng the night there in the parking lot.
That is because Walmart allows RV camping in their parking lots. They call it "Wally World". Walmart hopes the campers buy some supplies in the Walmart before moving on. Heard it was a long tradition with campers.

dustin

UAIOE
Dupontster said:
Maybe you're asking too much....I'll give you $16.27 cash today and today only.....Sight unseen......Your turn.. :coffee:
I've got it listed for 10,800 right now. That's waaaaay below blue book and only a few hundred above dealer trade in.

I'm sure because it's 2WD (I bought it in FL) it's not as desirable up here as 4WD.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
dustin said:
I've got it listed for 10,800 right now. That's waaaaay below blue book and only a few hundred above dealer trade in.

I'm sure because it's 2WD (I bought it in FL) it's not as desirable up here as 4WD.

I was just kiddin....I'd have trouble scraping up the $16.27.....

B

Bruzilla

dustin said:

Blue Book is a worthless value these days. With factory and dealer discounts, and low or no interest rates for new trucks; coupled with the low demand for trucks due to gas prices these days, you're going to need to drop your price a whole lot to generate interest, especially when trying to sell through a sight-unseen medium.

Your best bet is to drop your price and get your car seen along the highway. You stand a much better shot at selling it as an impulse buy that way. Forget the lemon lot. I worked on the base for 12 years and checked it out twice. I stopped along RT 5 many times to look at cars there.

dustin

UAIOE
Bruzilla said:
Blue Book is a worthless value these days. With factory and dealer discounts, and low or no interest rates for new trucks; coupled with the low demand for trucks due to gas prices these days, you're going to need to drop your price a whole lot to generate interest, especially when trying to sell through a sight-unseen medium.

Your best bet is to drop your price and get your car seen along the highway. You stand a much better shot at selling it as an impulse buy that way. Forget the lemon lot. I worked on the base for 12 years and checked it out twice. I stopped along RT 5 many times to look at cars there.
I don't know anyone that lives along Route 5 :shrug: