A wonderful weekend

mingiz

Horse Poor
Just came back from Grave's Mountain. Went down Thursday to ride in the filming of Best of America by Horseback. It was a blast. The riding was fantastic there. The weather was perfect. After the filming we rode out on our own and came across 2 black bears on the trail. Nice riding there and it's only a 3hr drive. It's all rough camping in a large field. no hookups but there is a water supply. I think it's 10 $ a night to rough camp. It is a great place for a group to get together and go. Tom Seay the host asked my group to go to Gettysburg with him next year for a filming there. This coming weekend they are having a ride in old town Fredericksburg. They are blocking off the streets so that the horses can ride through the town. Not sure who the host is but if you go to the site for the Best rides you may be able to find out more about it.

Please contact us at:
Best of America by Horseback
17275 Germanna Hwy.
Culpeper, VA 22701
1-540-829-9555
www.bestofamericabyhorseback.com
andorafarm@aol.com

mingiz

Horse Poor
Graves Mountain

Yes I did get pics but have to resize them. I'll try and post later. Yes!!! The self contained trailer is a godsend! I did my first trip (Oct03) in a 16ft steel BP stock trailer. Needless to say bout froze my fat a$$ off. But it was worth it. It's also easy to get to. Not a bad haul. Worst part is going through Fredericksburg. I have a 2h sl with a 12ft LQ (modified) and took a water tank and a generator. I only have city hookup. But the other half rigged a flojet pump for my water. We'll probably go again in the spring. Maybe we could get a group to go down..... :thewave:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I haven't winterized mine yet but mine consist of basically taking out the water heater....and clearing the pipes. I usually use my smaller 2h gn for local hauling. I may go on the smtr ride Sun. It's up off Sycamore rd. It's usually a nice ride. But maybe I might meet you all just to meet you all... :lmao: I'm off Friday!! If that is a good day to go let me know I will meet you there. I perfer the lake over GW but will ride either. Let me know! That way I can still ride smtr or just ride with my other 2 friends on Sunday...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
you talking about next year? I'm GAME!! boy will prolly want to tag along, and he DOES do the tent/mummy bag while his momma does the LQ in the trailer :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
I haven't winterized mine yet but mine consist of basically taking out the water heater....and clearing the pipes. I usually use my smaller 2h gn for local hauling. I may go on the smtr ride Sun. It's up off Sycamore rd. It's usually a nice ride. But maybe I might meet you all just to meet you all... :lmao: I'm off Friday!! If that is a good day to go let me know I will meet you there. I perfer the lake over GW but will ride either. Let me know! That way I can still ride smtr or just ride with my other 2 friends on Sunday...
Friday is my AWS day this week, i have a dentist apt in the am @ 10:30, but i'd love to do a lunch on the trail ride. Where too? :biggrin:

mingiz

Horse Poor
MFT trainer

Does anyone know of someone who trains fox trotters, gaited horses? I have a friend that wants to send his to get a refresher course for his horse and himself...Seems he has lost his fox trot and can't figure what to do about it.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
So we meeting up Friday or not to ride? Where, when?
Friday's great, I'm busy until lunchtime or thereabouts, so anytime afterwards is fine for me. someplace close...Greenwell or St Mary's River? Oakridge trails aren't long enough....i'd like to toss in a lunch on the trail, and Greenwell has lots of picnic tables along the trail, but not much water crossing. I need to take some pix of my POA along the way (interested buyer), can you help me with that?

mingiz

Horse Poor
Sure I always have my digital and 35mm in my horn bags. Would 1 pm be to late / early? Name the place...time... I live down county so it would take me atleast 45 mins ...if traffic isn't bad to get to Greenwell. I usually ride the lake from Indian Bridge rd. have a friend that has a farm over there and we have trails to the lake. Depending on where you are if greenwell is in the middle thats fine...I'll be there! let me know