I have a Tomato Plant still...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You can dig it up and put it in a big pot, then place it in a very sunny window. To get tomatoes if it flowers, you must hand pollinate them since the bees can't do it inside.

I grew a cherry tomato plant on top of my dryer in front of a south-facing window and had fresh tomatoes all winter!

TWLs wife

jazz lady said:
You can dig it up and put it in a big pot, then place it in a very sunny window. To get tomatoes if it flowers, you must hand pollinate them since the bees can't do it inside.

I grew a cherry tomato plant on top of my dryer in front of a south-facing window and had fresh tomatoes all winter!
It's already in a planter pot that hangs outside. It's too big to bring in. Their Beef Steak Tomato's.

TWL's wife said:
It's already in a planter pot that hangs outside. It's too big to bring in. Their Beef Steak Tomato's.
If you don't bring it out of the cold, I'm thinking you don't have much chance of keeping it alive...:dead:

TWLs wife

kwillia said:
If you don't bring it out of the cold, I'm thinking you don't have much chance of keeping it alive...:dead:
I just planted a smaller tomato plant for inside a few minutes ago Gardener's Delight.They look alot smaller. That I can keep inside.

It MUST be brought inside and just like Jazz said it has to be pollenated. Not an easy thing to do if you are not familiar with this type of plant keeping. Good luck.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Justanotherjoe said:
It MUST be brought inside and just like Jazz said it has to be pollenated. Not an easy thing to do if you are not familiar with this type of plant keeping. Good luck.

Actually, it's not hard to pollinate them. They have male and female flowers that are easily distinguishable. You take a small paintbrush, gather the pollen from the male flower with it, then lightly brush it over the female flower. I found cherry tomatoes were easiest to grow inside.

The big things is successful indoor growing are sun and heat. Tomatoes love both, so if you don't have a southern exposure window and a warm room, they won't do well. Giving them a few more hours of light using a grow light or a fluorescent bulb helps a lot and tricks them into thinking it's still the longer days of summer.

jazz lady said:
Actually, it's not hard to pollinate them. They have male and female flowers that are easily distinguishable. You take a small paintbrush, gather the pollen from the male flower with it, then lightly brush it over the female flower. I found cherry tomatoes were easiest to grow inside.

The big things is successful indoor growing are sun and heat. Tomatoes love both, so if you don't have a southern exposure window and a warm room, they won't do well. Giving them a few more hours of light using a grow light or a fluorescent bulb helps a lot and tricks them into thinking it's still the longer days of summer.
Fantastic! Thanks. How do I tell the difference in the male and female? Oh my I can't believe I fell for this one. :killingme

Mary Roach

Not too shabby!
vraiblonde said:
Wake up. She has a still. A tomato plant still. Look at the thread title.

:rolleyes:
My nickname in high school was Bloody Mary. That was after the accident. Before that, they called me Skidz.