Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • not sure, but glad abortion wasn't an option

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
I was reading the abortion thread and I started wondering, just how many of us were pre planed.

Personally I was conceived by a couple of non stable unwed teenagers and more than likely,
I'm the product of a backseat and beer :cheers:
I have 5 younger siblings and my folks are still together and very much in love.

My siblings I'm sure are all oops, because we were never financially secure while growing up.

The funny part is we all made it and life was and is good.

I'm glad my Mom wasn't some weak beotch the choose to kill me or any of my siblings .
Instead she put her faith in life.

Sometime an oops is good.. What were you ?

Last edited:
W

Wenchy

:yay: An "oops" here. I spent the first few months sleeping in a dresser drawer in a college dorm.

My dad was working on his Master's at Ol' Miss and my mom had just finished her BA.

They were privileged "flower children" and I am their "love child." :diva:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I think I'm an oops, I never really cared to ask. :lol: My parents were married before I was conceived though. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oops here :howdy: My folks were married about 2 months when I was conceived. Both my kids were oopses, too. Our son was supposed to be an only child - oops!

MMDad

Lem Putt
gumbo said:
I was reading the abortion thread and I started wondering, just how many of us were pre planed.

Personally I was conceived by a couple of non stable unwed teenagers and more than likly I'm the product of a backseat and beer :cheers:
I have 5 younger siblings and my folks are still together and very much in love.

My siblings I'm sure are all oop's, because we were never finacually secure while growing up.

The funny part is we all made it and life was and is good.

I'm glad my Mom wasn't some weak beotch the choose to kill.
Instead she put her faith in life.

Sometime an oop's is good.. What were you ?

I think this is a good question. My older brother was born with Cerebral Palsy. I don't think that I could have a second child after having a disabled one, but I also have never had to make that choice.

I don't know if I was planned, but my mother told me that my younger brother was the result of Coitus Interuptus gone bad. I'll never tell him that I know.

When we were born, our father was in the USAF. He had full health care coverage, so there were no financial considerations. He was also a chaplain, so it was his job to set the example for the other airmen.

Now, back to the real question: Abortion good or bad?

I know what my older brother deals with every day. He is probably one of the highest functioning CP victims in the world. He is 42, a programmer for the state of California, and able to drive a car. He is in constant pain. He has had more than 15 surgeries. His disability has turned him into an extremely negative person, and sometimes suicidal, which is completely understandable.

Before we ever talked about having kids, we discussed the what if. After seeing the cruelty that my brother faced, I was not willing to bring a child into this world if I knew they would be similarly disabled. My wife agreed.

Fortunately, we never needed to exercise the choice.

When my son was born, he had a double nuchal cord. He had a lot of distress, and was almost taken by C-section. He had to be intubated immediately after birth, and didn't breath for about 30 seconds. You can imagine how scared I was. We were lucky: we had a great practitioner to take care of him and he did not suffer any damage.

We had the oppurtunity to decide early in the pregnancy whether or not to proceed. We based our decision on what we were able to handle. Is it really reasonable to take that decision away from the parents? To say "you know that you will give birth to a child you are not able to care for, but you have no choice?"

W

Wenchy

K_Jo said:
OMG, Wenchy lived in a drawer! :roflmao: I bet it was the panty drawer! :killingme

I'll make it a point to ask my mom on Thanksgiving. :yay:

Better yet, you call and ask her. :lmao:

W

Wenchy

MMdDad said:
We had the opportunity to decide early in the pregnancy whether or not to proceed. We based our decision on what we were able to handle. Is it really reasonable to take that decision away from the parents? To say "you know that you will give birth to a child you are not able to care for, but you have no choice?"

Thank you for sharing, and the answer is, "No, it is not reasonable."

CMC122

Go Braves!
I was an Ooops. My Mom was 16 and my grandmother insisted on her having a back ally abortion.

Mom didn't have it obviously and Roe VS Wade went into affect the day I was born.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Wenchy said:
:yay: An "oops" here. I spent the first few months sleeping in a dresser drawer in a college dorm.

My dad was working on his Master's at Ol' Miss and my mom had just finished her BA.

They were privileged "flower children" and I am their "love child." :diva:
My husband was an Ooops too and slept in a drawer in base housing in Germany:really:

W

Wenchy

CMC122 said:
My husband was an Ooops too and slept in a drawer in base housing in Germany:really:

Drawers are the creme de la creme. What is it with all this fancy shmancy baby crap?

There are pictures of me sleeping in a box as a toddler. ( I will get these pics and scan them...priceless) I was happy! I had a princess bed at that point, but I wanted a box! :lol:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
MMDad said:
I think this is a good question. My older brother was born with Cerebral Palsy. I don't think that I could have a second child after having a disabled one, but I also have never had to make that choice.

I don't know if I was planned, but my mother told me that my younger brother was the result of Coitus Interuptus gone bad. I'll never tell him that I know.

When we were born, our father was in the USAF. He had full health care coverage, so there were no financial considerations. He was also a chaplain, so it was his job to set the example for the other airmen.

Now, back to the real question: Abortion good or bad?

I know what my older brother deals with every day. He is probably one of the highest functioning CP victims in the world. He is 42, a programmer for the state of California, and able to drive a car. He is in constant pain. He has had more than 15 surgeries. His disability has turned him into an extremely negative person, and sometimes suicidal, which is completely understandable.

Before we ever talked about having kids, we discussed the what if. After seeing the cruelty that my brother faced, I was not willing to bring a child into this world if I knew they would be similarly disabled. My wife agreed.

Fortunately, we never needed to exercise the choice.

When my son was born, he had a double nuchal cord. He had a lot of distress, and was almost taken by C-section. He had to be intubated immediately after birth, and didn't breath for about 30 seconds. You can imagine how scared I was. We were lucky: we had a great practitioner to take care of him and he did not suffer any damage.

We had the oppurtunity to decide early in the pregnancy whether or not to proceed. We based our decision on what we were able to handle. Is it really reasonable to take that decision away from the parents? To say "you know that you will give birth to a child you are not able to care for, but you have no choice?"
Excellent post..Thank you for sharing :huggy:

We never know, we only think we do.
No matter how much we try to guide our life's.
Tomorrow will bring what tomorrow brings no matter what we think and plan.
It's how we deal with what tomorrow brings that counts . :angel:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
A women has tuberculosis, and the father has syphilis.
Together they had four children.

Their first child was born blind...
The second child was stillborn...
The third child was deaf & dumb...
and their fourth was born with tuberculosis.

They're now pregnant with their fifth child.
Would you recommend that they abort this child?

If you picked yes

You just killed Beethoven

Every baby won’t grow up to be a Beethoven, but doesn’t every human deserve the chance to make the most of their life?

Even if we know that there is something wrong with the fetus, what gives us the right to compare the baby with ourselves and our own abilities? Isn’t it arrogant to ask another human to live up to our expectations instead of their own?

BuddyLee

Football addict
gumbo said:

They're now pregnant with their fifth child.
Would you recommend that they abort this child?

If you picked yes

You just killed Beethoven

Every baby won’t grow up to be a Beethoven, but doesn’t every human deserve the chance to make the most of their life?

Even if we know that there is something wrong with the fetus, what gives us the right to compare the baby with ourselves and our own abilities? Isn’t it arrogant to ask another human to live up to our expectations instead of their own?
I'd vote no just because they can't get any worse.:lol:

W

Wenchy

gumbo said:

They should have stopped procreating after the first.

gumbo said:

Apples and oranges. We are talking fetuses and embryos, not loser kids/ adults.

gumbo said:

We have the right as educated adults.

Passing judgement is futile.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Wenchy said:
not loser kids/ adults.
There is only one sure thing in life. It will change !
Sometimes that druggie loser turns into a great person.
Sometimes that great person turns into a druggie loser.

The point is know one knows, so why base a life or death situation on an assumption or out of ones own convenience.
There are lots of good people looking to adopt. Pick up any news paper.

W

Wenchy

gumbo said:
There is only one sure thing in life. It will change !
Sometimes that druggie loser turns into a great person.
Sometimes that great person turns into a druggie loser.

The point is know one knows, so why base a life or death situation on an assumption or out of ones own convenience.
There are lots of good people looking to adopt. Pick up any news paper.

I don't worry about the one's that will not be.

There are plenty of losers taking up space already.

Adoption? That's another thread. Our psycho government has made it almost impossible to adopt here, and we go out of the country.