Sad Day For WWE Fans

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
This moring Eddie Guerrero Was found dead in his motel room in minneapolis by his brother.So far no signs of foul play.He was only 38 years old.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Unbelievable isn't it? He was one of my favorites. He always put on great performances and really seemed to have his heart in it.

I haven't followed it lately, but a friend told me he was written in to win the championship title belt from Batista tonight too.

It was probably drugs, which is a damn shame.
He had a history of struggling with them, and to my knowledge there were no rumors that his demons had caught up to him this time. Everyone thought he had finally gone clean for the past few years.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Do it, Vince!!!

he was written in to win the championship title belt from Batista tonight too.

I double dog dare you to use that story line!!!!!!

Batista was so scared that Eddie was gonna beat him, he murdered him!

"I'll do ANYTHING to keep my belt! Anything!"

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Larry Gude said:
I double dog dare you to use that story line!!!!!!

Batista was so scared that Eddie was gonna beat him, he murdered him!

"I'll do ANYTHING to keep my belt! Anything!"
Would be interesting...
But I don't know if even the WWE would sink that low.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
vraiblonde said:
Hello?????
Seriously.. they've sunk pretty low.
But they've always honored their performers, employee or not at the time of their death, upon their passing.

I could see them using it 5 or so years from now... but anything short of that would be just plain tacky.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Admitting you are a fan of the WWE would be pretty sad.. ALMOST as sad as admitting to watching NASCAR and screaming for Billy or Dicky to win!

janey83

Twenty Something
yeah my brother sent me a link to the story last night, said something about possible heart problems -- maybe possible problems with steroids? :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Get out of here...

janey83 said:
yeah my brother sent me a link to the story last night, said something about possible heart problems -- maybe possible problems with steroids? :shrug:

...how come, when some pencil neck geek comes back after a few month layoff with perhaps a pound or two or 25 packed on and looks like they're chisled out of stone, everyone instantly cries steroids?

Why, just because Eddie had bi-ceps as large as Scott Steiner doesn't mean he was using some sort of help...

I mean, look at Nick Foley. He's a wrestler and looks just like Eddie, sort of. Nobody is accusing him of anything untoward. So his 'six pack' is a keg...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Larry Gude said:
...how come, when some pencil neck geek comes back after a few month layoff with perhaps a pound or two or 25 packed on and looks like they're chisled out of stone, everyone instantly cries steroids?

Why, just because Eddie had bi-ceps as large as Scott Steiner doesn't mean he was using some sort of help...

I mean, look at Nick Foley. He's a wrestler and looks just like Eddie, sort of. Nobody is accusing him of anything untoward. So his 'six pack' is a keg...
Seriously, though. Eddie was the doll of the wrestling fanbase. Every internet site had been screaming for him to get a title shot for years, because of his great work. He was also a human interest story because of his overcoming his problems with drug and alcohol abuse earlier in his career.

In the past year, he was finally elevated. Sure, he was in his late 30s, but he held the title earlier this year against some of the bigger names, and did it convincingly. It was said that he cried in the ring and after the event the night he won his first title, overcome with emotion, because he had thought he would never get his shot to carry the WWE banner due to his size and because of all those demons early in his career. Even though he was smaller than the average heavyweight (Shawn Michaels anyone?), he really held the fan's attention.

As I said earlier, to my knowledge and to most of the 'insiders' knowledge that you see on some of the wrestling news sites, Eddie Guerrero had been sober for years.

I only hope that his early death was caused by a weakened heart from those early years, and not from something current. It will have let down a lot of fans and it will ruin his legacy if that's the case.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Eddie Guerrero was found this morning with his toothbrush in his mouth on the bathroom floor. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. The belief among those within WWE is that he had a heart failure. PWTorch.com reports that shortly after Guerrero's body was removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero all visited the hotel room to say their final goodbyes. Many WWE staffers were visibly shaken by this as they left the hotel and headed for the arena.

From Prowrestling.com

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Superstar Billy Graham announced tonight on Dave Meltzer's radio program that Eddie Guerrero's funeral will be held at his church in Phoenix, AZ in the next few days.

Graham was very close to Eddie outside of the ring, Graham said he has been asked by Eddie's wife to perform the service. Graham said that it will be an honor to preside over Eddie's service since he was so close to him.

it is believed that Eddie had suffered a fatal heart attack according to Meltzer which led to his death. Eddie has been clean and sober for over four years after dealing with drug abuse.

Graham said the funeral will be held on Wednesday.

Also from Prowrestling.com