Looking for Welsh Stallion

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Anyone know of a Welsh or welsh cross stallion, within an hour's drive of Mechanicsville, with a NICE temperament, and preferably black, bay or paint. Registration isn't important, but temperament is critical. My mare is super sweet, and about 13h, which is a nice size for an 8-9 year old kid, and for me to get on and train, so i want to keep the size range on the baby. ~TIA~

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
I did not think Welshes came in those colors...I know a lady that used to raise beautiful Welshes in Leonardtown let me call to see if she has a stud..he would be a gray I am sure...
Thanks Appy..let me know. My 'lil one would like a paint baby, and i like em dark :lol:
Doesn't necessarily HAVE to be welsh, but welsh type would be nice, her mare is SO darn cute i would like a cute baby just like her.

Cat..ya think you could put in a good word for me...see if we can convince 'ole Tommy....oh nebbermind. :ohwell:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I know that Peggy on Oliver Shop Road still has her sign out for her stud. He is extremely well bred has his get has won many times in the show ring and the people who have bred to him are very happy with the babies they get. If I was looking for a Pony stud he would be the one I'd go after.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
HorseLady said:
I know that Peggy on Oliver Shop Road still has her sign out for her stud. He is extremely well bred has his get has won many times in the show ring and the people who have bred to him are very happy with the babies they get. If I was looking for a Pony stud he would be the one I'd go after.
Do you know what color/size Peggy's stallion is? Show ring stuff doesn't matter, a WP/trail horse mind is what's important to us. I'd prefer something on the upper end of the size range too, since I'll want my 'lil one to be able to ride the baby someday.
OF course the one i like from StarGleam farm is clear in Smyrna DE :ohwell: just when i was getting into looking at them their site timed out, i guess too many folks looking at them at once :lol:
appy, do you have pix of Kelly's stallion somewhere?