Southern Baptist church recommendation?

Old Dog

Hubs's main (and possibly only) requirement for church is that it be Southern Baptist.  I'm not that picky about denomination.  My main interest is a church that will help me to grow and will lift me up so that I will be able in turn to help others.  To me, a large part of that involves the "community" of church.  I need a church that understands that some folks weren't raised in church and are somewhat nervous and unsure of how to fit in.

Thanks and take care of yourselves,
Old Dog

(Edited by Old Dog at 9:22 pm on Dec. 2, 2001)

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
There's Southern Calvert Baptist Church in Lusby (Calvert Co.).  It's located just off Route 4 on H.G. Trueman Drive, about 1 mile north of the Solomon's firehouse.

cbstatic

My wife and I stopped by the Calvert Southen Baptist Church.  We were not treated very well.  The only people that said hello were the greeters at the door.  It only took 10 weeks for them to acknowlege we visited.  I have chatted with the paster, who assures me this should be corrected.

Lexington Park, Southen Baptist, is a friendlier church.  Although they too are a little slow on the visitation program.

Pax River Baptist, is a very friendly church.  Great Visitation program.  I think they are Independent or Fundamental Baptist.

Old Dog

I forgot to say that I live in Chaptico in St. Mary's County. :)  But thanks for the info so far.

Take care of yourself,
Old Dog

Y

yornoc

You can try Calvert County Baptist (currently in the movie theater in Prince Frederick on Sunday mornings @ 9:30 AM.  Bible study on Thursdays at the Super 8 motel in Prince Frederick.

Visit sometime...

Christy

b*tch rocket
I've found the only "lifting up" I've ever received has been alone rather than with a group.  I feel that churches are good for socialization and being "accepted", but to find any real answers in life it's just me alone asking G-d "what the "F"?".

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Christy on 2:56 am on Mar. 29, 2002[br]I've found the only "lifting up" I've ever received has been alone rather than with a group.  I feel that churches are good for socialization and being "accepted", but to find any real answers in life it's just me alone asking G-d "what the "F"?".

And you do this at 3 in the morning???  :twitch:  :roflmao:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Jazz, of course!  That way I get the G man's undivided attention while all ya'll are sleeping! :lmao: