Hay Auction?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
anyone been to the Hay auction on 301? It's first time for the year is saturday. i plan to go to see what i can get in a trailer load of round bale hay.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Hay, we've got 4x5 nice sized heavy bales (between 1000 and 1100 lbs) of quality orchard grass hay for $50. Keep us posted on the prices at the auction!

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
No, just give us a post on what the hay looked like and what the prices were. Last year we went and I couldn't believe what folks were paying for square bales! There were no round bales there that day. Thanks!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Did you go later in the season or early? The website says there are rounds there, so we'll see. I talked to a lady in Taneytown who has some decent roundbales and pretty good prices too, and she delivers, if we don't have time to ride over to get it. We shall see after the auction, I may have to be revived after the auction :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
yep, i posted the hay auction highs/lows...i'm not sure what happened to them! we got 25 lovely huge rounds for 33.00 each, i was pleased. I just wish the folks after the onsie-twosies would let the sellers buy it, then go outside add 10 bucks to their price and buy from the sellers :burning: some woman drove the price up to 60.00 for TWO bales!! nothing special about the hay it was either orchard, timothy or grass hay!! <ARRGG>

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
lowest was (I think) 4.60 - highest was 6-something a bale for squares, rounds were 33-60.00 per/bale beautiful hay. all of it.