Chaps

Has anyone ever tried those wrap on style, nylon chaps? If so how do they compare with the pull on leather ones? Besides the price.

desertrat said:
Has anyone ever tried those wrap on style, nylon chaps? If so how do they compare with the pull on leather ones? Besides the price.

The leather look soooo much cooler with nothing underneath!

dustin

UAIOE
so are chaps supposed to protect you during a crash? if so I would choose leather over nylon any day. i don't know if they are more of a style thing or what???

dustin said:
so are chaps supposed to protect you during a crash? if so I would choose leather over nylon any day. i don't know if they are more of a style thing or what???
I was thinking more of the warmth factor.

dustin

UAIOE
desertrat said:
I was thinking more of the warmth factor.
oh, shoot I just wore 2 sets of long johns underneath the normal gear. when i got off the bike i felt like that little kid in "A Christmas Story" when his mom puts on his coat and he cant put his arms down. :lol:

dustin said:
oh, shoot I just wore 2 sets of long johns underneath the normal gear. when i got off the bike i felt like that little kid in "A Christmas Story" when his mom puts on his coat and he cant put his arms down. :lol:
Good visual. :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
desertrat said:
Have to agree with Dustin, in the event of a slide you'll get more protection with the leather chaps. Warmth will be about the same,depending on the weight/weave of the nylon. Leather is definatly windproff.