Tubaligation

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I am having my tubes tied on Monday. I'm a tad bit nervous about after the procedure. I refuse to take narcotic pain killers so I am afraid of the after stuff. Anyone have any after care advice or tips?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The worst of it is coughing up the anesthesia when you come to because your stomach muscles are sore. But it's not too bad. I had mine done after my daughter was born and couldn't take pain meds because I was nursing. "Sore" is a good word to describe it - it was never outright pain.

Good luck! :huggy:

K

Kain99

No pain at all baby! They put the stitches in your belly button. Feels like ya got sucker punched. Tender for 3 days. You'll be ok!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My mom had it done after her fourth. I remember her coming home in tears, not able to stand up straight. That was roughly 14 years ago, and maybe the procedure has gotten better. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane said:
My mom had it done after her fourth. I remember her coming home in tears, not able to stand up straight. That was roughly 14 years ago, and maybe the procedure has gotten better. :shrug:
The procedure is completely different. The go straight thru the bellybutton now, which is much less tramatic than past procedures.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
The procedure is completely different. The go straight thru the bellybutton now, which is much less tramatic than past procedures.
That's exactly how her procedure was done. It's one of the only times I've ever seen my mom in tears.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
The worst I had was the shooting pains in my legs after I came too. They were worse than labor pains. They gave me morphine injections into my IV. I also did not know I would be put under anesthesia versus having an epidural. I was a little freaked out about being knocked out. Groggy as hell the first night then just sore for a few days after.

V

Vixen

Larry Gude said:
...any discomfort at all. Had it done right after the last kid was born.

That's because they were not your ovaries and tubes to be sore. :smack:

Personally,

It was a piece of cake. I came home, slept off the anesthesia for a few hours and only took Tylenol the next day or two after.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
My mom had it done a few years ago, and she didn't seem to be in too much pain. She said the feeling afterward was sort of like the feeling after you've had a baby (as far as cramping). I'll never know, cause I'm never ever ever going to have elective surgery. :skeered:

kingpl2

MysticalMom said:
I am having my tubes tied on Monday. I'm a tad bit nervous about after the procedure. I refuse to take narcotic pain killers so I am afraid of the after stuff. Anyone have any after care advice or tips?
Why are you having your tubes tied?
Only animals should have their bodies mutilated.
You can't break natural law without natural consequences.
Use your mind not your body.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Thanks for all the advice.
I've been told to increase my fluid intake, walk alot right after to get rid of the gas and air and thn take it easy. Doc says I should be up and running after a couple of days. And the best part is. No more BC pill and no more kids to boot!

Oh and kingpl2. I'm having them tied because I LIVE with an animal. :lmao: And having 4 kids already <ALL GIRLS> I no longer wish to contribute to my personal population explosion. The house is just too damn small. :razz:

It is not self mutilation, it is sanity preservation. :smack:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kingpl2 said:
Why are you having your tubes tied?
Only animals should have their bodies mutilated.
You can't break natural law without natural consequences.
Use your mind not your body.
Maybe she wants to :bangbangbang: without having to worry about :crycrycry: