Muck boots?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Anyone know who sells Muck boots off the shelf? I want a pair of Brit Riders, and want to purchase a couple of pairs as gifts for family. TIA

spellbound

I bought a pair of Brit Middies from either Dover or State Line. I think they both carry them. I don't know of any local stores that sell them.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
are these online? I have a pair of original mucks and the toe is too wide to safely ride with them, but i LOVE these boots even in the most severe weather like we've had...awesome boots. :biggrin:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
yeah i can find them online lots of places, i wanted to find them locally somewhere so i could try them on. ~Thanks!

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Hay! Joe Stoltzfus on Rt 236 has the best muck boots and he has a variety of sizes and styles! I wear mine all during the winter and have no problem getting caught in the stirrups (western). They are super comfy on the inside, my feet don't get tired at all. He is open Sat until noon and of course closed on Sundays and early on Tues. Good Luck!

SeaRide

I 've seen them at Southern States store, the one in Upper Marlboro at Rt301 and Marlboro pike uphill behind 7-eleven.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
size foot? :lol: i wear a size 7.5-8 SHOE...the foot is about 8" long and it don't change much. why?
I had mr stolzfus order me 2 pair of the Brit Riders...that man is AWESOME! SO nice! I'd have bought one of evrything he had in the store if i could have....just cause he's so nice. Rottncop bought a beautiful Rooster to replace one of the 11 those d@mn Jacks murdered a few weeks ago.

I already have the original mucks but the toe is too wide for the stirrup, it gets stuck. the Brit rider is made especially for riding. it's kind of like an english boot but the muck quality. insulated and comfy. :biggrin:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
HorseLady said:
Hay! Joe Stoltzfus on Rt 236 has the best muck boots and he has a variety of sizes and styles! I wear mine all during the winter and have no problem getting caught in the stirrups (western). They are super comfy on the inside, my feet don't get tired at all. He is open Sat until noon and of course closed on Sundays and early on Tues. Good Luck!

THANKS for the tip, I ordered 2 pair of brit riders from him, what a TERRIFIC man!!

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
happyappygirl said:
Anyone know who sells Muck boots off the shelf? I want a pair of Brit Riders, and want to purchase a couple of pairs as gifts for family. TIA

We get ours at Stolzfus Feed store (off of 236) they were about $69.00 but they raised all their Muck Boots prices (after the 5th i believe) 10% (so i guess their $75.00 now)

they have 3 different kinds, the kind my Wife uses you can ride in (they have a thinner sole). then they have thicker soles but i wouldnt recommend riding in those (although "the boy" does sometimes) and then some that are good for hunting (keep yer feet warm and dry, always nice)

DQ2B

So, these work with an english saddle? Some that I've tried seem to be too short and get stuck or rub on the bottom of the saddle flap giving me, ouch, nasty saddle sores on the inner calf.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
DQ2B said:
So, these work with an english saddle? Some that I've tried seem to be too short and get stuck or rub on the bottom of the saddle flap giving me, ouch, nasty saddle sores on the inner calf.

Dunno about the Foofy Riding, ask EquineAddict but "the Boy" and MyLittlePoney ride regular, normal (hah western) riding with theirs

fredsaid2

DQ2B said:
Well, anyone else that does the "foofy riding," lol, please let me know.

I don't think they make a distinction between dressage and huntseat, just anything involving a non-western saddle :lol:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Muck makes an english version of their boot too. I have a pair of both. The english boots are, of course, higher.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
undefinedundefined
happyappygirl said:

They will be selling Muck boots at the expo this year. They are usually very reasonable there. You going? :howdy: