Put to sleep or Novocain?

• Put to sleep

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Novocain

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
V

Vixen

Say you have to get one of your huge teeth in the back of your mouth removed, would you be put to sleep or just numbed with Novocain?

:tap:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Is it wisdom teeth or just molars? If wisdom teeth...put to sleep. If molars, just use the novacain and ask for gas as well.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Vixen said:
Say you have to get one of your huge teeth in the back of your mouth removed, would you be put to sleep or just numbed with Novocain?

:tap:

I had my wisdom teeth done with Novocain only, and there was no problem. However, if there is a problem, or you are scared Sh##less, let them knock you out. When I needed to get my butt scoped, I made sure they would knock me out, just so I wouldn't remember it.

V

Vixen

Its a Molar.

I was put to sleep when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I was 16 years old and my father took me. When they woke me up, I said all sorts of off the wall things. It was sorta embarrassing. :eyebrow:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Vixen said:
Its a Molar.

I was put to sleep when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I was 16 years old and my father took me. When they woke me up, I said all sorts of off the wall things. It was sorta embarrassing. :eyebrow:

Go for the novacain and gas combo, then get pain meds for later at home. Ask them to cover your eyes with a cloth so you do NOT see them working on the extraction. I had one removed and that is what they did.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I've never been "gassed", or put to sleep, while dental work was performed. I guess the idea just freaked me out.

If a dentist is good enough, he knows how and where he can deaden the nerves that are sensitive where he's going to operate, I think. JMHO

MMDad

Lem Putt
When I got my balls done (both sets) I was wide awake. There's nothing like smelling your own burning flesh.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
MMDad said:
When I got my balls done (both sets) I was wide awake. There's nothing like smelling your own burning flesh.

Did your s/o get to watch? And yes that burning flesh smell is :barf:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Vixen said:
How long does this take? :eyebrow:
Depends. :shrug: I've seen it done in a matter of seconds (once the tugging starts) and I've seen it take muuuuuuuch longer for stubborn teeth, or teeth with crooked roots.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Nickel said:
Depends. :shrug: I've seen it done in a matter of seconds (once the tugging starts) and I've seen it take muuuuuuuch longer for stubborn teeth, or teeth with crooked roots.

I agree, sometimes it is only a matter of seconds after the tugging starts. And it can take much longer if the teeth are stubborn.