Good Crab Restarurant in St Marys/So Calvert

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Does anybody have a good crab place to recommend in St Marys or southern Calvert? I don't especially value touristy places looking for value and of course good crabs!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Although it's not in Southern Calvert, I really like Buckmasters which is located in the parking lot of the Rod'n'Reel in Chesapeake Beach. It's basically a shack and you have to eat outside but my family enjoys it.

My dad who DOES live in So. Calvert (Port Republic) cooks the best crabs I've every had!! He catches them from his dock and they are wonderful!! Unfortunately, he doesn't sell them.

GreenHornet

I really like Captain Loenards in Mechanicsville. I think they are closed right now until the spring. Anyone know when they open back up?

There are lots of great "crab shacks" around here just look in the phone book!

Love me some crabs :lmao:

GH

T

toppick08

I really like Captain Loenards in Mechanicsville. I think they are closed right now until the spring. Anyone know when they open back up?

There are lots of great "crab shacks" around here just look in the phone book!

Love me some crabs :lmao:

GH

:coffee:

Catch and Cook your own, Landlover.

T

toppick08

I crab all the time in the summer.... Last year was rough man! Ended up purchasing crabs since they were so hard to catch, hope this year is better.

Me and my crabbing neighbor had very good fortunes in Breton Bay, last year. Better than most.............hope you have a good one this year....:howdy:

GreenHornet

Me and my crabbing neighbor had very good fortunes in Breton Bay, last year. Better than most.............hope you have a good one this year....:howdy:

Me too! I normally carb at Solomons Island at the Navy rec center. Crabbing was terrible there last year.... I would have had better luck crabbing at the A&E Motel on Great Mills Rd.

T

toppick08

Me too! I normally carb at Solomons Island at the Navy rec center. Crabbing was terrible there last year.... I would have had better luck crabbing at the A&E Motel on Great Mills Rd.

You got that right.

:killingme

Southern Belle

Does anybody have a good crab place to recommend in St Marys or southern Calvert? I don't especially value touristy places looking for value and of course good crabs!

Sandgates, Seabreeze, and Capt Leonards are all good places. Capt Leonards isn't open right now. I heard it's not opening until the end of March. If you are looking for carry-out, try Thompson's Seafood. They are excellent.

RestlessApril

Seeker of Truth
"Buckmasters which is located in the parking lot of the Rod'n'Reel in Chesapeake Beach."

Buckmasters is gone. The building doesn't even exist anymore.