Found a beginner bike in Waldorf for anybody looking!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Ricky Racer said:
Thats not a beginners bike :smack:
A beginners bike would be a 100cc dirt bike..
Yes it is.
Where would a 180 lb adult male go on a 100cc dirt bike to learn how to ride. Get real.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Ricky Racer said:
Thats not a beginners bike :smack:
A beginners bike would be a 100cc dirt bike.
Learn in the dirt first, it's allot more forgiving.
Not to mention if you screw up, you won't end up being another bug on a bumper.

How about "good beginner bike for an adult" but not for the dumb kids with the joe racer mentality. Of course, we all know that those same idiots can hurt themselves or others just as easily (more easily?) behind the wheel of a honda civic as well.

The price and adaptibility make this a good entry level street bike. While I agree with your post on the other thread about learning on a dirt bike, sometimes they aren't an option. Most of the time they aren't practical for various reasons; maintenance (remember we're talking beginners here), restricted use, transport issues (not everyone owns a truck), cash on hand to buy a street bike when they're ready to move up, finding a partner to ride with, etc. I'll ride on the street alone, but I sure won't go woods riding alone. I've seen the unfortunate results of that. If somebody has the option of picking a dirtbike then absolutely, I think that's a great choice.

However, if you're options are limited or you're simply NOT INTERESTED in dirt bikes... The 500cc bikes like this are tame enough for a responsible person to learn on and versatile enough to keep around for years.