Passport

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
I thought that was already a requirement. :confused:
Nope, all you needed was a birth certificate. When we went on our cruise, they didn't even open our passports. $100 bucks for nothing. :ohwell:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Nope, all you needed was a birth certificate. When we went on our cruise, they didn't even open our passports. $100 bucks for nothing. :ohwell:
Aaaaah, Bach. I can't remember the outrageous amount I paid for them to expedite my application before we went on our honeymoon to Mexico. :faint: When C_Jo made the reservations, they told him we had to have passports. But maybe that was just to get into Mexico? :shrug:

My passport picture is really cute, so I can't complain. :diva:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
My passport picture is really cute, so I can't complain. :diva:
Mine is heinous, but that's ok, because I'll have to get a new one because I changed my name. My driver's license picture is really good, I'm kinda sad about having to change that. :frown:

Elle

Happy Camper!
K_Jo said:
Aaaaah, Bach. I can't remember the outrageous amount I paid for them to expedite my application before we went on our honeymoon to Mexico. :faint: When C_Jo made the reservations, they told him we had to have passports. But maybe that was just to get into Mexico? :shrug:
I think it depends on how you cross the border (air, land, sea) and where you cross. I'm probably wrong though.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Mine is heinous, but that's ok, because I'll have to get a new one because I changed my name. My driver's license picture is really good, I'm kinda sad about having to change that. :frown:
Damn, I need to do that, too, at some point. I was under the impression that they just changed your name and let you keep your picture. I'll never be able to replicate the beautifulness of myself that day. My hair's gotten way out of control since then. :ohwell:

No one ever tells me anything. :mad:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Elle said:
I think it depends on how you cross the border (air, land, sea) and where you cross. I'm probably wrong though.
I think that makes sense. I think. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
Damn, I need to do that, too, at some point. I was under the impression that they just changed your name and let you keep your picture. I'll never be able to replicate the beautifulness of myself that day. My hair's gotten way out of control since then. :ohwell:

No one ever tells me anything. :mad:
:shrug: If that's the case, then I'll just "lose" mine so I can get a new one. :lol: Maybe they can just scratch out the "Maryland" on my drivers license and put a "North Carolina" and a pic of a bbq sandwich on it and I'll be good to go. :banana:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
:shrug: If that's the case, then I'll just "lose" mine so I can get a new one. :lol: Maybe they can just scratch out the "Maryland" on my drivers license and put a "North Carolina" and a pic of a bbq sandwich on it and I'll be good to go. :banana:
:lmao:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Elle said:
c

I've been on a cruise to Mexico, flew to a resort in Mexico and have walked across the border in Jarez City.

Never needed a passport for any of them and when I walked across all I did was pay a quarter ...... didn't have to show any documentation.

My children need valid photo id in order to board the plane in August... the process and costs for getting passports for them looks to be a royal pain in the pattuttie. Do I have any other choices for getting them picture id?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
kwillia said:
My children need valid photo id in order to board the plane in August... the process and costs for getting passports for them looks to be a royal pain in the pattuttie. Do I have any other choices for getting them picture id?
Good question. Mine had their ID cards done at school as part of a child protection program. It sounds like they don't have that a public school so I'll need to get a new one for the oldest when he hits Chopticon.

bresamil said:
Good question. Mine had their ID cards done at school as part of a child protection program. It sounds like they don't have that a public school so I'll need to get a new one for the oldest when he hits Chopticon.
Middle schools give student ids so I'll assume the high schools will also. My daughter is still in elementary school though... and my middle schooler doesn't know where his id card is...:banghead:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
Middle schools give student ids so I'll assume the high schools will also. My daughter is still in elementary school though... and my middle schooler doesn't know where his id card is...:banghead:
I flew to Texas last year with my little one, my mom and my youngest brother, who is 11. She called the airline and asked in advance, and was told the 11 year old did not need picture ID. Maybe it's different with different airlines.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
K_Jo said:

I was 8 months pregnant with child number 1 when I moved back to MD from VA and had to get a new license. So I take off work a half day, I'm all pretty looking, get it done, get home and look at it only to notice the morons at the MVA put the "UNDER 21" stamp under the picture even though I was 22 and it was a front facing pic. I go back that Saturday, no make-up, baseball hat on, looking straight hood figuring they'd use the same picture since there was nothing wrong with it... Nope. It looks like a freaking mug shot! I had really short hair to make matters worse.

It expires this year thank God. I think I can get it renewed 60 days beforehand. B laughs at me because he's never seen someone so excited to go to the MVA and get thier license renewed before. :killingme I'm counting down the days!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
FYI My new DL looks even more spectacular than the last. I am the most unphotogenic girl on the planet, but I sure can take a drivers license picture like I'm being paid for it. :lmao:

MMDad

Lem Putt
kwillia said:

This is from the TSA website.

Proper Identification

If you have a paper ticket for a domestic flight, passengers age 18 and over must present one form of photo identification issued by a local state or federal government agency (e.g.: passport/drivers license/military ID), or two forms of non-photo identification, one of which must have been issued by a state or federal agency (e.g.: U.S. social security card). For an international flight, you will need to present a valid passport, visa, or any other required documentation. Passengers without proper ID may be denied boarding.