Mail order plants

Tri

Thank you, come again.
I usually order plants from Michigan Bulb, and Brecks. Last year I wasn't too impressed with what I received, just wondering who you other garndeners out there use and how is their quality/pricing/shipping.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I'd be interested to find out too, and also more about how it works. I want to do some light landscaping in the spring, but the area we're moving to has zilch in the way of nurseries (and I don't want to buy plants from Lowes). Can you order trees online?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com/

I love these folks. I even order dried teas and herbs from them. Their pricing is average, however I have always had my deliveries when they said and I always have had healthy plants, and all my seeds have come up.

The only drawback, is online ordering - there've been a few flubs with that, which they have always hastened to correct. Yet now I usually pick what I want via the catalog or via the website and then call in my order and never have problem.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tri said:
I usually order plants from Michigan Bulb, and Brecks. Last year I wasn't too impressed with what I received, just wondering who you other garndeners out there use and how is their quality/pricing/shipping.

Michigan Bulb and Breck's sell "field grade" bare-roots plants and inferior bulbs. I'd stay away from them.

I love Burpee and Park's. I've also gotten some great plants from Gardener's Supply with GREAT customer service.

There's a few others I really love but can't think of right now. I'll post them later.

For trees, both fruit and ornamental, nobody beats Stark Brothers. :yay:

Tri

Thank you, come again.
jazz lady said:
Michigan Bulb and Breck's sell "field grade" bare-roots plants and inferior bulbs. I'd stay away from them.

I love Burpee and Park's. I've also gotten some great plants from Gardener's Supply with GREAT customer service.

There's a few others I really love but can't think of right now. I'll post them later.

Thanks for that info, I wish I had it many orders ago, ah I guess I'm just too forgiving, I kept on giving them another chance.

Also thanks to everyone else for your replys

Weezy

Exxcelllllenttt
jazz lady said:

Agreed, I have ordered from both companies, the plants are usually for low quality. The best plant I rec'd from them was lemon grass, it came up great, but other than that it was all crap, springhill nursery seems to have good plants (so far).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Weezy said:
Agreed, I have ordered from both companies, the plants are usually for low quality. The best plant I rec'd from them was lemon grass, it came up great, but other than that it was all crap, springhill nursery seems to have good plants (so far).

VERY low quality, although they do guarantee them. Another mass producer I stay away from is Gurney's. Their seemingly unbelievable bargains are nothing but crap.

I've never order from Springhill Nursery, but I get their catalog all the time. I might give them a shot this year.