River's Edge

tipsymcgee

This restaurant is in Benedict at the old Tony's Riverhouse and run by the folks who ran Charlotte Hall House of Ribs before they sold to the Hills. Small bar but open dining room and a lot of the same great stuff they had at House of Ribs. Ribs, Steaks, Crab Cakes, blackened scallops and other seafood and sandwiches. I had a great piece of prime rib with baked potato and salad.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
tipsymcgee said:
This restaurant is in Benedict at the old Tony's Riverhouse and run by the folks who ran Charlotte Hall House of Ribs before they sold to the Hills. Small bar but open dining room and a lot of the same great stuff they had at House of Ribs. Ribs, Steaks, Crab Cakes, blackened scallops and other seafood and sandwiches. I had a great piece of prime rib with baked potato and salad.

Is this the one right next to the Benedict Boat ramp? its actually open? we've launched from that ramp MANY times (unfortunately none last year) and it was always closed/boarded/fenced up

fttrsbeerwench

Wasn't there a murder in that place a while back?? An old guy at the marina once told me that a barmaid was shot there by her boss?

birdman

It's pretty good. We've eaten there twice in the last 2 months. Only complaint the first time was the soup was only luke warm. Second time, the veggies sucked (canned green beens). But those are minor issues, overall the food was great as well as the service. Very simple place, you'll get mismatched silverware, etc, but if you're there for the food...who cares. Prices are on par with most other seafood joints in the area.

johnjrval424

Well, after both Hubby and I got stuck in the traffic jam coming through PF about 5:45, we decided to stay close to home and try the japanese steakhouse, Sakura.

I LOVED it! Hubby wasn't so impressed but then it's not his kind of food. He was doing it strictly for my benefit so he tolerated the whole experience...that's why I love him! :love:

greyhound

Well, after both Hubby and I got stuck in the traffic jam coming through PF about 5:45, we decided to stay close to home and try the japanese steakhouse, Sakura.

I LOVED it! Hubby wasn't so impressed but then it's not his kind of food. He was doing it strictly for my benefit so he tolerated the whole experience...that's why I love him! :love:

I was stuck in the traffic jam...I was standing with all the cops and rescue personnel.

greyhound

Yes, it is in Benedict back on the road that goes by the fire house just before the 231 bridge on the ST Mary's side........or is it Chuck Co up there?

We are talking about the one that used to be Shorter's...Back in the day?