Bad Service at St. Marys Landing

Mikeinsmd

Kain, I hope your service was better than mine. You looked great by the way!! 1st time I've seen ya all snazzed up.

We were seated with menus and I watched as patrons of 2 boothes leave, get cleaned, new patrons seated and drink orders taken.

I grab a bus boy & ask if he can track us down a server. 3-4 minutes pass (we have been seated a good 15 min. by now) I watch as what turned out to be our server go take the order of one of the newly seated boothes. Finally after entering their order, she comes to our table for our drink order. No apology, nothing.

Fast forward to check time. She was average during the meal, checked on us etc. Meal was good. She returns with my card and a pen, thanks us and asks in a humerus way that I don't accidently leave with her pen.

I discuss with my date what tip I should leave. Definately not 20% service & since we sat a good 15 min. before getting her, 15% is nullified. I'm now in the 10-15% mindset.

Well barely 2 min. has passed since she brought card when she runs back over and asks "Is everything alright here?" I said yea, I just need a few minutes. She then says in an excited voice: "Well I need that pen!! Here, use this one!!" and hands me a red pen and runs off.

I was blown away!! I left 10% but kicked myself all the way home for not leaving less.

Charlotte Hall needs a restaurant!!!

Last edited:
M

missperky

This is why I stopped going there, service is awful. If I wanna serve myself I will stay home.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Mikeinsmd said:
Kain, I hope your service was better than mine. You looked great by the way!! 1st time I've seen ya all snazzed up.

We were seated with menus and I watched as patrons of 2 boothes leave, get cleaned, new patrons seated and drink orders taken.

I grab a bus boy & ask if he can track us down a server. 3-4 minutes pass (we have been seated a good 15 min. by now) I watch as what turned out to be our server go take the order of one of the newly seated boothes. Finally after entering their order, she comes to our table for our drink order. No apology, nothing.

Fast forward to check time. She was average during the meal, checked on us etc. Meal was good. She returns with my card and a pen, thanks us and asks in a humerus way that I don't accidently leave with her pen.

I discuss with my date what tip I should leave. Definately not 20% service & since we sat a good 15 min. before getting her, 15% is nullified. I'm now in the 10-15% mindset.

Well barely 2 min. has passed since she brought card when she runs back over and asks "Is everything alright here?" I said yea, I just need a few minutes. She then says in an excited voice: "Well I need that pen!! Here, use this one!!" and hands me a red pen and runs off.

I was blown away!! I left 10% but kicked myself all the way home for not leaving less.

Wow........I have never had bad service there, but have not been there in a while. You are not the first person that has said this recently. I hope it did not ruin your date. :frown:

Mikeinsmd

harleygirl said:
Wow........I have never had bad service there, but have not been there in a while. You are not the first person that has said this recently. I hope it did not ruin your date. :frown:
Service has always been slow but tonight was ridiculous. They weren't even busy!! I literally watched those two boothes get seated & watched them leave. Pitiful!!

Mikeinsmd said:
Yeah it does.

Ya know...my best friend wants to open her own restaurant one day...I'd love to see it happen...girlfriend can cook her azz off:yum:

K

Kain99

Mikeinsmd said:

No Shizzle! I was with a party of 30 and we had one waitress. Ridiculous! You looked mighty fine yourself there Mikey! I hope your date wasn't upset when I straddled you and stuck my tounge down your throat. :lol:

Mikeinsmd

Kain99 said:
No Shizzle! I was with a party of 30 and we had one waitress. Ridiculous! You looked mighty fine yourself there Mikey! I hope your date wasn't upset when I straddled you and stuck my tounge down your throat. :lol:
That didn't shock her as much as when she asked "who was that??", and I replied: "My sister."

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
I was pissed and I sent him home alone.

K

Kain99

K_Jo said:
I was pissed and I sent him home alone.
You looked kinda ticked. That's why I pulled my skirt down real quick and split. Sorry my panties hit you in the forehead. That was an accident. :lmao:

Mikeinsmd

Kain99 said:
You looked kinda ticked. That's why I pulled my skirt down real quick and split. Sorry my panties hit you in the forehead. That was an accident. :lmao:
She said you smelled nice too. :huggy:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
That's all right. Mikey needed them to wipe up his drool. I couldn't see through my rage, but according to him, somebody was lookin' hotsy-totsy. :hot:

K

Kain99

K_Jo said:
That's all right. Mikey needed them to wipe up his drool. I couldn't see through my rage, but according to him, somebody was lookin' hotsy-totsy. :hot:
It's part of my job description. You should see me ironing my hair and painting my face every morning! :lol:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
You took a date to the Landing? No wonder you got home so early. :lol:

Service at Monterey's was excellent by the way.

Mikeinsmd

bresamil said:
You took a date to the Landing? No wonder you got home so early. :lol: Service at Monterey's was excellent by the way.
Not really a date. Just a "Hey, wanna get some grub" kinda thing.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Mikeinsmd said:
I have to be up at 06:30 when they come to lay my floor.

And I don't stay out like the hoodlum you are!!! :drama: :razz:
All I did was have dinner and a movie with 2 nice gentlemen. Hoodlums don't come home and walk their dogs.

Tile floor or hardwood? My basements getting tile but I'm thinking of replacing the upstairs rugs with hardwood.

Oh and I almost stopped to get you that beer to try. It was on the way home, but I forgot. I was thinking you might want it during the Skins game.