Asahi in San Souci

MMDad

Lem Putt
I met the wife and kids there for lunch today. We haven't been there in a couple of years, so my 4 and 6 YO kids felt like it was a new experience, since they didn't remember being there.

My kids were very hesitant about the meal because it was weird to them. The waitress did two things to help - she put some paper lanterns in their straws, and she gave them chopsticks with rubber bands to help them.

The first thing the chef did was a fire trick, which freaked out my son. He got over it soon enough and loved the rest of the show.

My daughter loved her chicken and rice, and my son loved his rice.

My wife and I had the steak. I had it medium rare, and it ended up being what I call rare. That's why I ask for medium rare, I don't want raw.

My wife had hers well done. She raved about how good it was.

Final cost was $32.50 plus tip for a family of four. I consider this to be a great value for an entertaining family lunch. The evening menu is about double, but not much more substantial. I do not recommend this place for dinner.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If you love Sushi.. the way I love Sushi...

BG and I go fairly often just for the Sushi.. in her words.. it's like Butta!!

We used to get the dinner and sushi but that got $$$$$ for two people and we left with two days worth of food in our boxes, so now it's usually sushi night.. YUMMMMMM!

MMDad

Lem Putt
itsbob said:
If you love Sushi.. the way I love Sushi...

BG and I go fairly often just for the Sushi.. in her words.. it's like Butta!!

We used to get the dinner and sushi but that got $$$$$ for two people and we left with two days worth of food in our boxes, so now it's usually sushi night.. YUMMMMMM!

I agree, but my wife and daughter think sushi means california roll. My son thinks sushi means yuck. I actually overdosed on sushi last May in Japan. I can eat most sushi, but I had to draw the line at whole baby octupus. :barf:

I do want to go back for a sushi meal sometime soon....