Motorcycle training

SRV

SRV
marianne said:
I don't feel so bad about paying $200 for the course at CSM now that I see what other places are charging.
I didn't take the course because I was fortunate enought to have a friend who is a certified instructor take me out and train me. Then I went to MVA and took the test all it cost me was the price of my license.

Ponytail

Did Pete see this yet? He only needs to sit in on the first hour or so of lecture. You know, the part where they explain where the throttle control is and how it works. Like rolling it TOWARD you to speed up. :lol:

:whistle:

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
Did Pete see this yet? He only needs to sit in on the first hour or so of lecture. You know, the part where they explain where the throttle control is and how it works. Like rolling it TOWARD you to speed up. :lol:

:whistle:
Roll the bottom or top toward you?

Ponytail

Lugnut said:
I think it must be the bottom. Every time I roll the top toward me my bike makes this "buzzing" sound...

:lol:

Anybody else noticing how good their bikes run with the cold air? From a red light by my house, I rolled on the throttle hard (cuz it's fun :biggrin: ), and the front wheel came up as I rode past the bank...that I had intended on stopping at. :lol: It's always been close...acting like it WANTS to come up. I just think with the cold air, and my bike finally starting to get broken in, it's starting to show it's balls.

Gawd this weather is fun!!! :biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:

Anybody else noticing how good their bikes run with the cold air? From a red light by my house, I rolled on the throttle hard (cuz it's fun :biggrin: ), and the front wheel came up as I rode past the bank...that I had intended on stopping at. :lol: It's always been close...acting like it WANTS to come up. I just think with the cold air, and my bike finally starting to get broken in, it's starting to show it's balls.

Maestro showing his wild side :notworthy

Gentlemen, take note. The Maestro just raised the relative humidity level in chic's crotches all over SMC without even breaking a sweat.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Ponytail said:

Yup, that nice dense cold air is like crack for a gearhead. :lmao: I loved getting a cold front when I owned my Grand National. Big turbo's LOVE cold air!! :whoosh:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
My guys in the SCRC are talking Iron Butt for this summer.
Let me know.. I want to do the 1000 mile Saddle Sore sometime this year. Figure a ride to Cleveland and back should do it!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ponytail said:

I noticed it.. going around a corner and squibbed the throttle a little too much.. having the front wheel act like it wants to come up in the middle of a corner gets my heart beating a little bit..

I really enjoy riding in 50 degree temps a LOT more than 90.

SRV

SRV
itsbob said:
I noticed it.. going around a corner and squibbed the throttle a little too much.. having the front wheel act like it wants to come up in the middle of a corner gets my heart beating a little bit..

I really enjoy riding in 50 degree temps a LOT more than 90.
I am new at this riding thing and I have never heard of "Iorn Butt", What is that. The thread after it referred to a 1000 mile ride is that what it is? :howdy:

dustin

UAIOE
I did a wheelie past a cop one time. Then I raced him at the next light because he was revving his engine. He had an unmarked Ford Expedition too. The drug dogs in the back probably didnt like it when I revved my engine loud. Then a crackhead jumped out in front of us and tried to wash the cops windshield. The cop got out and handcuffed him to a lightpole and then got back in his Expedition.

Then the light turned green and we speed through the school zone. I think it was about 3:30pm. Then the cop turned on his lights and told me to pull over. I reached into my pocket and grabbed a handful of roofing nails and threw them in front of his tires. He instantly got two flats and spun out of control like in that movie Speed except I was Keanu Reeves. I think his dogs puked in the back. I speed off and met up with some of the guys at Hooters.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
Let me know.. I want to do the 1000 mile Saddle Sore sometime this year. Figure a ride to Cleveland and back should do it!
Read the rules, every highway change has to be documented. I was thinking spend the night in some flop house in Fredricksburg, start from there at O dark thirty and have lunch in Hardeesville SC. No major cities/traffic once you're past Richmond. 503 miles.
Maybe cross the border into GA and fill up with gas just to make sure we go over 1k miles.

dustin

UAIOE
aps45819 said:
Read the rules, every highway change has to be documented. I was thinking spend the night in some flop house in Fredricksburg, start from there at O dark thirty and have lunch in Hardeesville SC. No major cities/traffic once you're past Richmond. 503 miles.
Maybe cross the border into GA and fill up with gas just to make sure we go over 1k miles.
that would suck donkey doo if you got all the way back and find out youre really at 978 miles, its pouring down rain, your hungry, tired, and have to go #2.

hopefully that wont happen.