"Darkness Falls"

B

Betty_Elms

Ok, the first 10 minutes of this movie scared the crapola out of me! I had both of my friend's hands in a steel grip! The movie as a whole is pretty good for it's genre and rating (PG-13)....but those first 10 minutes or so are just fantastic. Even though it's not an R rating, DO NOT take any younger kiddies to it with you....unless you want them sleeping in your bed (with the light on) for the next year or so.
See it on a weeknight when the theater is fairly empty....adds to the atmosphere :biggrin: ....we saw it Tuesday night, and shared the theater with only 2 other patrons.

Satine

Falls as good ar Ring?

As the person on one of the ends to the steel grip of miss Betty Elms I do have to agree that it is a good film. I saw on the tv today that people are comparing it to The Ring with Naomi Watts and saying it's better. Give be a fat kit-kat break! I and the rest of the country know that Ring was way scarier!!! Sheesh!

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by Satine
As the person on one of the ends to the steel grip of miss Betty Elms

I had to grip you tight...otherwise, you would have poked me and scared the crap outta me!

NO WAY is "DF" as good as "The Ring". IMHO, "The Ring" is one of the best suspense/ghost stories out there. I can't wait til it comes to DVD! It's one movie of it's genre that actually makes you think, and someone in the film making process knew a lot about numerical patterns and hidden messages!

blueeyes76

I personally thought "The Ring" was a HUGE disappointment! 4 of us went to see it and we all left the theatre pretty ticked off, what a waste of $20. Scary movies just don't exist anymore.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by blueeyes76
I personally thought "The Ring" was a HUGE disappointment! 4 of us went to see it and we all left the theatre pretty ticked off, what a waste of $20. Scary movies just don't exist anymore.

Not at all - BUT - "The Ring" forces you to think a little, because every little detail in the movie makes sense, and there's evidence of every thing, everywhere. If anyone comes out of it thinking, what was up with the [insert plot point], it's probably because you missed it. It actually dawned on me late in the film that the ghost had made the video herself, and her need to be heard is the way the film propagates - your only chance to be saved from death is to make a copy and have someone ELSE see it, which is crucial to understanding the last few minutes of the film, AND realizing why some people die, and others don't.

I loved this film, but the sounds and that ghost scared the crap out of me.

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by Frank
I loved this film, but the sounds and that ghost scared the crap out of me.

:yeahthat: :clap:

Lol, I don't know how people didn't like this one.....
Guess I'm a big wuss!