Motorcycle help please!!! :)

D

dems4me

I don't read this forum much because I don't know much about motorcycles... anyone on here know anything about motorcyles? Anyone :shrug:

Can anyone give me some input on either

1) a Duchati MH900E (red); or

2) a Harley Davidson V-Rod (silver)

TIA :flowers: (and remember laymans terms please, unless you provide defintions alongside your language/venacular). All comments appreciated greatly!! Thanks!! :flowers:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dems, I forbid you to get a motorcycle. I don't want to read about them scraping you off the road because you had to stop and entice a stray kitty with some KFC and got nailed by oncoming cars.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
Dems, I forbid you to get a motorcycle. I don't want to read about them scraping you off the road because you had to stop and entice a stray kitty with some KFC and got nailed by oncoming cars.

:killingme: :smack: :killingme: That wasn't quite the info I was looking for.. :roflmao:

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
What do you want to know?
They're both high performance machines, not beginner bikes.
I imagine high performance means something good... does that mean fast? fuel economical? they can pull a boat?? they perform well in snow? :shrug:

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Fast and powerful. Not for beginners

Thanks :ohwell: are they considered elite ofthe motorcycle world or anything? Would you get one? Do they have a significant meaning to them over anyother motorcycle? Are people supposed to raise an eyebrow over them :shrug: btw - how fast? is this like a porche compared to a yugo or something:shrug:

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Fast and powerful. Not for beginners
Now,I'm on harley's page trying to understand it... what the heck does "the original VCRS recipie is always tasty, with forward controls,a 38 degree rake to the fork and 115 on the tap" mean :shrug: If I memorized this, would this sound too cliche????? Is this normal talk? :shrug:

D

dems4me

appyday said:
Didn't you have a choice in blue?? :shrug: I would continue looking for a blue one...

has nothing to do with choice, one is red and the D-rod is silver. :smile:

D

dems4me

appyday said:
I'd forget it then :bubble:

I'm not getting one...heaven's no... I just want to know about them for another reason. :lol: just doing a little research :smile: thanks!

Mikeinsmd

Dems, forget those two bikes. You are not ready for them (no offense). You want an 883 Sportster.

Attachments

• harley-sportster-03.jpg
    harley-sportster-03.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 95
D

dems4me

Mikeinsmd said:
Dems, forget those two bikes. You are not ready for them (no offense). You want an 883 Sportster.

why is it when you look at the spedometer its 1-10.... what speeds are those? can someone please help me with this? I won't be on one... promise :biggrin:

Mikeinsmd

dems4me said:
why is it when you look at the spedometer its 1-10.... what speeds are those? can someone please help me with this? I won't be on one... promise :biggrin:
I haven't seen one with 1-10. :confused:

You're looking at the tach.

D

dems4me

Mikeinsmd said:
I haven't seen one with 1-10. :confused:

You're looking at the tach.
Ohhhh... :frown: :frets: I don't know :bawl: it's the one in the middle :frown:

What about language... do y'all talk like that.. about rakes and forks? What is that?

D

dems4me

Rose, why do I have a feeling the motorcycle would look something like this... :lol:

Attachments

• Don%27t-overload-your-trailer.jpg
    Don%27t-overload-your-trailer.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 90