California Tortilla

tirdun

staring into the abyss
Stopped to eat at the California Tortilla restaurant in Waldorf, over behind Best Buy (same shopping center as Red Robin). If you can find the starbucks or "stone cold" ice cream place, you're in the right area.

Essentially, it was everything you wish Taco Bell could be, at a price that was worth it. And believe me, I am an expert on Taco Bell. As a one time 'po college kid, I hit the Bell (and paid the price) more times than I care to remember. I've sworn off ever spending a dime in another one, but I do love Tex/Mex food, so CT was a good bet for me.

I paid about $17 for me and the wife to eat. They had an interesting selection and the monster of a buritto and huge bowl of whatever-she-had that they brought out seemed like they'd be worth the cash. Later, picking through the sizable leftovers and wondering how I ever thought I could possibly eat the whole thing, it seemed an even bigger bargain. Even the chips were good, not those flat greasy cardboard chunks you get elsewhere. I'm certainly looking forward to checking out more of their menu.

My only concern right now involves the ultra picky eater that lives down the hall. While my youngest will try just about anything, the oldest has a list that you could scribble on a postcard. He'll probably eat the nachos. Oh, and "Thai peanut sauce" tastes like peanut butter, according to the nice girl at the register. So you might want to keep that n mind before you order.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
tirdun said:
Stopped to eat at the California Tortilla restaurant in Waldorf, over behind Best Buy (same shopping center as Red Robin). If you can find the starbucks or "stone cold" ice cream place, you're in the right area.

Essentially, it was everything you wish Taco Bell could be, at a price that was worth it. And believe me, I am an expert on Taco Bell. As a one time 'po college kid, I hit the Bell (and paid the price) more times than I care to remember. I've sworn off ever spending a dime in another one, but I do love Tex/Mex food, so CT was a good bet for me.

I paid about $17 for me and the wife to eat. They had an interesting selection and the monster of a buritto and huge bowl of whatever-she-had that they brought out seemed like they'd be worth the cash. Later, picking through the sizable leftovers and wondering how I ever thought I could possibly eat the whole thing, it seemed an even bigger bargain. Even the chips were good, not those flat greasy cardboard chunks you get elsewhere. I'm certainly looking forward to checking out more of their menu.

My only concern right now involves the ultra picky eater that lives down the hall. While my youngest will try just about anything, the oldest has a list that you could scribble on a postcard. He'll probably eat the nachos. Oh, and "Thai peanut sauce" tastes like peanut butter, according to the nice girl at the register. So you might want to keep that n mind before you order.

Umm Is something wrong with Cold Stone?

tirdun

staring into the abyss
mv_princess said:
Umm Is something wrong with Cold Stone?

No, I just didn't remember the name. I knew it had something to do with stones and cold. I've never eaten there.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
tirdun said:
No, I just didn't remember the name. I knew it had something to do with stones and cold. I've never eaten there.

Ah well it's Cold Stone, and probably the best ice cream you will ever have! I have never seen anything like it. It's the best.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
mv_princess said:
Ah well it's Cold Stone, and probably the best ice cream you will ever have! I have never seen anything like it. It's the best.

I know of a place that is just as good as Cold Stone...Mootime Creamery :drool: But that is all the way in Southern California :ohwell:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
jwwb2000 said:
Oh I know...I have eaten at both places. I preferred Mootime though.

Now I have to settled for Cold Stone....no biggie.

hahaha....aaww I'm sorry maybe you should open your own Mootime down here. Make lots of money!

L

ladylara

there's a cali tortilla in bowie too. they have pretty neat little email plan where they send you free coupons.

we went to the noodle place next door to the cali tortilla in waldorf... liked very much!!! and cheeeeeeeap!