Floor Pan Replacement

Angel

~*~*~
Does anybody know of a local buisness (St. Mary's, Charles, or Calvert) that will do a floor pan replacement on an MGB. Interior is already cleaned out, just looking for somebody to do the cutting of the old floor pans and welding in new ones. Transmission tunnel and side rails are in good condition, this is just a floor pan replacement. Thanks!

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Try Dave Warren's Fast Lane Performance in Brandywine. The Guy does AMAZING work. (301) 782-3737

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Adams Fleet Service in Brandywine. They do some amazing work there. I seen a few of their full restorations in progress, Old 50's cars being stripped to the frame.

willie

I would try a local welder before I'd go to a specialty shop. It sounds like a simple operation. If you are into restoration, it might be time to buy a welder.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
A few years back, I had an old Karman Ghia that had dime sized holes in the floorpan, that I wasn't even aware of, until I attempted to replace the carpeting in it.

A guy suggested fiberglassing the whole pan with matting and resin. I put down 4 layers using a stiff brush to get all the airholes out, then smoothing it all out with a hand sander, after it dried.

Worked very well, and furthermore, fiberglass wont rust!

bcp

In My Opinion
years ago when I had my corvair, I had the same problem.
I just stole a stop sign and used pop rivets to attach it to the good stuff.

lasted for another 4 years before I sold the car.