Hunting dogs?

Geek

Does anyone know of a good breeder of labradors that come from proven hunting stock? TIA

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Best thing to do is contact your local Kennel Club, and ask for recommendations. Looking for "hunting" bred stock is important, as is health issues in your breed. Make sure you educate yourself. If you are going to pay for true hunting stock (and the financial investment that goes along with that) you certainly want that dog to provide you with many years of successful service and companionship,

Geek

I will do that! I am asking for my FIL, he is looking for his third hunting dog, his second is 8 years old and he trains the pup by letting them work with the older dog. His breeder has stopped breeding dogs so he is looking for someone with a good reputation, I will look at the kennel clubs Thanks :yay:

Geek

Site is under construction...Where are they located..is that your dog in the av? So cute

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Yes that is my choc male, I also have a black female, who is expecting in 4 weeks. They are both full blood labs but no papers and I don't train, they are just my children.

Kingston Kennels is located in Fredricksburg, VA. They are a wonderful bunch of people and have some awesome dogs. You can call them since their website is down (804) 633-0808.

Geek

sanchezf said:
Yes that is my choc male, I also have a black female, who is expecting in 4 weeks. They are both full blood labs but no papers and I don't train, they are just my children.

Kingston Kennels is located in Fredricksburg, VA. They are a wonderful bunch of people and have some awesome dogs. You can call them since their website is down (804) 633-0808.

Thanks, we are big fans of labs :yay: I still miss mine we put down 6 years ago. He was the best. Now I have a mutt and a cocker. The mutt is smart and the cocker well, isn't but very cute :yay:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I love my labs, they are the best my female is hyper, very intelligent, and a has a great nose. My Male is a snugglebug, could care less about anything else but having all 85 pounds sitting in your lap, he listens better though, I guess because he's not hyper.

I can't wait for her to have her puppies, lots of little ones running around, I'd love to keep them all (my stuff would probably be packed and on the front porch HAHAHA) but I'd be happy. I just have to remeber that they will be going to new homes not to let myself get to attached.

Geek

sanchezf said:
I love my labs, they are the best my female is hyper, very intelligent, and a has a great nose. My Male is a snugglebug, could care less about anything else but having all 85 pounds sitting in your lap, he listens better though, I guess because he's not hyper.

I can't wait for her to have her puppies, lots of little ones running around, I'd love to keep them all (my stuff would probably be packed and on the front porch HAHAHA) but I'd be happy. I just have to remeber that they will be going to new homes not to let myself get to attached.

Good luck with not getting attached...It does not sound like it will be easy for you. I would be a basket case, but at least they will be fun while you have them :yay:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
:smack: what did i JUST say about EDUCATING yourself??? "Full blooded" "no papers" "female is hyper"...you get what you pay for.
JMO of course, but those with "awesome" dogs don't sell their pups to folks who would breed them with "full blood" and "no papers". Sorry, had to say it. Don't shoot the messenger, and learn from what others on this forum have said about educating yourself it rings true in ANY breed. if you're looking for one like this, my neighbor has a 1 year old female from just such a mating she wants to GIVE away.