Back to nephrologist today

camily

Peace
Celie has a neph. appointment today. Send good thoughts our way. This is a regular appointment but she hasn't been in 6 months so I am anxious to see where her RTA is now.

camily

Peace
baileydog said:
what kind of dr is that? Good luck.
Kidney. I love him. He is the Chief of Nephrology at Childrens so I feel very confident in his diagnosis'.

Last edited:

justbeachy

can be a real beach
camily said:
Celie has a neph. appointment today. Send good thoughts our way. This is a regular appointment but she hasn't been in 6 months so I am anxious to see where her RTA is now.
My thoughts and prayers for you and Celie. :huggy:

K

Keesa

Hope the appointment goes well. Absolutely crappy day to be driving up there though!I have a lot of experience with End Stage Renal Disease, so feel free to contact me if I can help in anyway. My husband (soon to be ex) had End Stage Renal Disease and it took 7 YEARS to get a kidney transplant (1 year for his kidneys to fail, then 3 years of hemodialysis and 3 years of at home peritoneal dialysis), but he is doing just fine now (it's been 2 years since the transplant!) knock on wood. His kidneys failed due to hypertension, so for God's sake, watch the blood pressure! God bless organ donor's!

camily

Peace
Keesa said:
Hope the appointment goes well. Absolutely crappy day to be driving up there though!I have a lot of experience with End Stage Renal Disease, so feel free to contact me if I can help in anyway. My husband (soon to be ex) had End Stage Renal Disease and it took 7 YEARS to get a kidney transplant (1 year for his kidneys to fail, then 3 years of hemodialysis and 3 years of at home peritoneal dialysis), but he is doing just fine now (it's been 2 years since the transplant!) knock on wood. His kidneys failed due to hypertension, so for God's sake, watch the blood pressure! God bless organ donor's!
Thanks, and I'll keep you in mind if we get to that stage. :huggy:

camily

Peace
Well, we just got back. It did not go well. Celie has gained 1/2lb. and 2 cm. in 5 months. He is not happy with her growth at all. He knows we are feeding her right but her body is not growing. We have to feed her junk now. He say she can have anything she wants. JUST PUT THE WEIGHT ON!!! If she has not gained weight when he sees her again in three months we have to put an NG tube in. Not a good day here. Please, if anyone has any fattening recipes that are kid friendly please pass them along.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
camily said:
Well, we just got back. It did not go well. Celie has gained 1/2lb. and 2 cm. in 5 months. He is not happy with her growth at all. He knows we are feeding her right but her body is not growing. We have to feed her junk now. He say she can have anything she wants. JUST PUT THE WEIGHT ON!!! If she has not gained weight when he sees her again in three months we have to put an NG tube in. Not a good day here. Please, if anyone has any fattening recipes that are kid friendly please pass them along.
I had a friend that tried everything to gain weight. She heard that McDonalds milkshakes could help, and drank one or two large ones every day. She finally gained about 20 pounds. GNC also sells some weight gain products. Good luck to both of you!! :huggy:

K

Keesa

Oh dear. Sounds like it was a very stressful day. Don't know you but here's a BIG HUG - god knows I needed them when I was going through my crisis. I recommend protein shakes with ice cream and ensure (any dairy intolerance issues going on though?). You can get them from any health food store, like GNC. Look for the muscle gain products like the body builders use. Blend them up and try to make them fun by using crazy straws. Take care.

Geek

:huggy: :huggy: Worring about your sweetie is so hard. Sending positive energy your way. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
camily. :huggy:

Sorry to hear things didn't go well. Know that she has lots of "fatten her up" energy coming from me. Believe me...I have some to spare. :razz:

Fast food. :yay: McDonalds, Burger King etc. Thats SURE to fatten anybody up.

I have a cousin with Cysitc Fibrosis. Here's the page where my Uncle gets the recipes for her to gain weight.

http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/normap/cfrecipes.htm

M

missperky

Sorry things didn't go well :huggy:

Thoughts and prayers for the lil one and you.

How old is the lil one?

Toxick

Splat
baileydog said:
what kind of dr is that? Good luck.

I think it's a doctor who specializes in reading the bumps in your skull.
I didn't know those guys were actual *doctors* though.

I hope all goes well! :howdy:

camily

Peace
Update!!

Celie's doctor says he thinks her kidney disease is resolving!!! She is off her meds for the first time in over a year and a half!!!! I take her back in a month to see where her levels are. WooHooo!!!!! :yahoo: