Adobo

just.me

forever jewel said:
I've never tried it, but I'm not too picky either! How do you make it?
Adobo

but i used thighs and legs, and cut down portions - and added a couple of dried red chilis and used no salt - it was SOOOOOO good!!

Authentic Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe #81580

5 lbs chopped up chicken or chicken wings
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 large chopped onion
2 bay leaves
3/4-1 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
1/2 cup water
salt
10 cups cooked white rice

45 minutes 15 mins prep

This serves about 13-15 people. Saute the chicken, garlic, and onion until browned. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium heat until it has a stew consistency. (Or becomes stew-like)
Note: you may want to try the vinegar and soy sauce a little at time until you get the right flavor.
Then serve hot, over rice.

Lamini

ive had fish (?!), chicken, pork, and my favorite, squid adobo!

i just had the pork last nite :elaine: (2nd fav)

just.me

Lamini said:
ive had fish (?!), chicken, pork, and my favorite, squid adobo!

i just had the pork last nite :elaine: (2nd fav)

My son and my boyfriend raved over it.... gonna try beef next time....

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
just.me said:
Adobo

but i used thighs and legs, and cut down portions - and added a couple of dried red chilis and used no salt - it was SOOOOOO good!!

Authentic Filipino Chicken Adobo Recipe #81580

5 lbs chopped up chicken or chicken wings
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 large chopped onion
2 bay leaves
3/4-1 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
1/2 cup water
salt
10 cups cooked white rice

45 minutes 15 mins prep

This serves about 13-15 people. Saute the chicken, garlic, and onion until browned. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium heat until it has a stew consistency. (Or becomes stew-like)
Note: you may want to try the vinegar and soy sauce a little at time until you get the right flavor.
Then serve hot, over rice.

Mmmmmmm!!!! Sounds delicious! I'll have to make it and let ya'll know how it turned out :yay:

just.me

forever jewel said:
Mmmmmmm!!!! Sounds delicious! I'll have to make it and let ya'll know how it turned out :yay:

I think the best thing about it is that 1) you can use any type/cut of meat and 2) that you can adjust the vinegar/soy sauce, etc. to your own taste....When mine was just a tad too sharp with vinegar, I drizzled about a tsp. of honey over it....

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
just.me said:
I think the best thing about it is that 1) you can use any type/cut of meat and 2) that you can adjust the vinegar/soy sauce, etc. to your own taste....When mine was just a tad too sharp with vinegar, I drizzled about a tsp. of honey over it....

Ooooo good idea, just.me!!! You sound like an excellent cook! :cheers: Cheers to you!

just.me

forever jewel said:
Ooooo good idea, just.me!!! You sound like an excellent cook! :cheers: Cheers to you!

Wow, thanks, it is not too often that someone is actually nice on these forums.....And, actually I love to cook and am pretty good at it...unfortunately....LOL..... :buddies:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
just.me said:
Wow, thanks, it is not too often that someone is actually nice on these forums.....And, actually I love to cook and am pretty good at it...unfortunately....LOL..... :buddies:

If you ever need someone to stick for ya, just let me know...I got your back :huggy:

I LOVE to cook as well, but don't have the time nor the resources to cook as often as I would like.

just.me

forever jewel said:
If you ever need someone to stick for ya, just let me know...I got your back :huggy:

I LOVE to cook as well, but don't have the time nor the resources to cook as often as I would like.

Well thru the years, I have had to learn to stretch a meal.... :popcorn: