Metal Detector needed

dustin

UAIOE
Does anyone have a metal detector I can borrow for a few weeks? The kind I need is one of those one would use at the beach to find stuff buried in the sand. I can put a deposit down.

The reason I need it is I need to find the metal rebar/stakes marking my property lines. I called the builder a few days ago and was told by them that the markers should be below the grade...meaning underground...they suggested a metal detector....

I was thinking of doing a Wal-mart "rental"....but don't want to risk being stuck with this contraption that will just collect dust and take up space.

I would need it for a few weeks because I will only be back in PAX RIVER area up until next friday (24MAR) and our house is in North Carolina... I would like to hand deliver it back to you when I'm done with it next time I'm up in Maryland....probably towards the end of April, beginning of May....

If anyone has any other ideas that would work I'll take those onboard as well. (other than poking around with a metal coat hangar for hours...) :jameo:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The surveyors are supposed to be the ones finding your property marks, not you. You need to go to the court house in your area and find the plat for your property so at least you will have a better idea of where to look. Good luck!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kom526 said:
The surveyors are supposed to be the ones finding your property marks, not you. You need to go to the court house in your area and find the plat for your property so at least you will have a better idea of where to look. Good luck!

Nope. They just have to show where the house is on the property (plat). When you buy a house, there is no survey done to determine property markers.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kom526 said:
We have a plat. We called the construction company that built our house, and were told that there is a metal marker, under the grade, that we had to find if we wanted to know exactly where our property line is.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Nickel. I have one. ( no idea why I have one :lmao: ) You're welcome to it for as long as you need it. It just sits in the closet collecting dust.

mainman

Set Trippin
MysticalMom said:
Nickel. I have one. ( no idea why I have one :lmao: ) You're welcome to it for as long as you need it. It just sits in the closet collecting dust.
Some Mystic you are, you should just be able to walk the property and say..... "Here, dig here".....

:ohwell:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
mainman said:
Some Mystic you are, you should just be able to walk the property and say..... "Here, dig here".....

:ohwell:

Why do you think it's collecting dust? :lmao:

Attachments

• divining rod.jpg
    divining rod.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 63
Mystic,
Can I borrow it too (after Dustin/Nickel is done with it)? I'd like to find one of my corners too.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
nomoney said:
Mysic,
And when huntr is done with it, can I borrow it to? I want to find buried treasure. :yay:

And when nomoney is done with it, can I borrow it? I am not looking for anything. I just want to borrow something. :popcorn:

bcp

In My Opinion
After everyone else is done with it can I borrow it?

I want to see if I can still find my ex-wife by her fillings.