Slavens

D

dems4me

Went there today and they were closed, red cones everywhere blocking off the road. Wondering what was going on, I drove through the cones to the peir down the hill and it turns out they tore down the ENTIRE peir except for the corner one... Its gone. :frown: I was hoping they were putting in a new boat ramp, but that doesn't seem to be the case. In any event the road is blocked off and closed (cones) for this. Anyone know how long it'll be like this? Its a shame because they have GREAT BIG bass in this part of the Mattawoman and its nearing the Bass spawn in a few weeks from now. Now, folks will have to put in at smallwood. Anyone know anything about this? I heard a few weeks ago that Slaven passed away and its now in his daughter's possession... anyone know what she has planned for it? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dems4me

Pete said:
Red cone = Danger; Everyone but Dems stay out

:lol: That's what all the signs said :shrug:

You worry too much,:lol: Anyone can drive through and around the cones. :lol: I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Kind of sucks though... I hope they get this fixed soon. :frown:

D

dems4me

C was with me, he kept reading the signs louder and louder like I was deaf or something "ROAD CLOSED" "KEEP OUT!!!" "PARK CLOSED!!!" that just made me realize I had to drive even faster not to get caught. :lol:

Bushy23

Last time I was there, a local man told me they were redoing the boat ramp and installing new fishing piers further down the creek. So it is a large improvement project.

D

dems4me

Bushy23 said:
Last time I was there, a local man told me they were redoing the boat ramp and installing new fishing piers further down the creek. So it is a large improvement project.

I heard something similar but looked at the pilon pole things they had all stacked up to use and they were only about 6 feet long, not along enough for a new boatramp peir (supporting legs/beams)... I do really hope they redo the ramp... that ramp has gotten really bad over the years, I have yet to leave out of there without cursing or hearing someone else curse if I'm fishing off the peir. Lets hope you're right :yahoo: Did you hear how long this would take? :confused: Bass spawn is almost here.