Vegetable Beef Stew

watercolor

yeah yeah
Looking for some of the best homemade vegetable beef stew reciepe! We like them spicy and not spicy. Thought it sounded good with the cold weather! :yay:

justbeachy

can be a real beach
Don't have time to write all out but..
Use V8 instead of tomato juice and in the frozen food section there's a bag of veggies for soup (can't remember the name) fresh carrots and potatoes cut in BIG chunks, frozen shoepeg corn.

Start off by sauteeing onion & green pepper in olive oil. Then throw in the cubed beef and brown it off. add the V8 & frozen veggies then potatoes & carrots. I also through in some barley it makes it harty (or is that hardy?) :lmao:salt ground pepper (lots) basil maybe garlic if you like... anyway sorry there are no measurments I only measure :gossip: but it's really good never have complaints!

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
justbeachy said:
Use V8 instead of tomato juice and in the frozen food section there's a bag of veggies for soup (can't remember the name) fresh carrots and potatoes cut in BIG chunks, frozen shoepeg corn.

Start off by sauteeing onion & green pepper in olive oil. Then throw in the cubed beef and brown it off. add the V8 & frozen veggies then potatoes & carrots. I also through in some barley it makes it harty (or is that hardy?) :lmao:salt ground pepper (lots) basil maybe garlic if you like... anyway sorry there are no measurments I only measure :gossip: but it's really good never have complaints!

:yeahthat: Follow these to the pinch and you'll have some damn good eatin'. (Don't forget the barley) :yay: :yay:

Mikeinsmd

justbeachy said:

Throw in some sea shells that swell up real big. And a few cubes beef boullion. I also like whole tomatoes cut up into chunks. :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brown beef cubes in hot oil over med-high heat to sear the meat. Once meat is seared, pour in about a cup of red wine and saute for a few minutes over med-high, scraping up the pan bits.

Dump meat mixture, chunked carrots, potatoes, celery and onion into the crockpot. Sprinkle on paprika, salt and parsley to taste. Cover with equal parts beef broth and spicy V-8 juice.

Let it go for 8 hours. Serve with homemade biscuits.